Troubleshoot Always show mouse cursor Windows 10

Skinoku

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
Hello everyone!
I am setting up an airport display where the user can move the mouse across multiple monitors to check flights controlled by different computers. This functionality is controlled by a little freeware called InputDirector only one PC, the master, has keyboard and mouse and manages all the slaves when the pointer is directed to them by the user, that has been recently updated to support Windows 10, but when the cursor goes to a machine without mouse and keyboard (that's fine, because all inputs are transmitted to that computer via Ethernet connection) the cursor doesn't appear on the screen because the fool Windows 10 switches in a "Touch" mode, thinking that if I have no mouse I have touchscreen and so i'm not able to use it because pointer is invisible also if it's working normally, in fact you can do anything, but you're blind, the mouse pointer is disappeared.
I temporary fixed the issue connecting a hardware mouse to the PC but that's no the solution (also if it works).
I'd like to know if some of you knows about a software that fools windows to think a mouse it's connected (mouse emulator, or similar) even if it's not allowing the arrow pointer to be displayed.
Thanks!

L

Lucent Warrior

Click settings, then system, then tablet mode.

1.png

then

2.png

Upvote 0

Skinoku

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
Thanks! I'll try and tell you how it goes but I have windows 1511, you guys that posted the screenshot are referring to 1607 (Anniversary) Windows 10 version.
My windows doesn't go in tablet mode (all square icons like window 8) but stays in normal mode without the cursor!

Reactions: Lucent Warrior
Upvote 0

Skinoku

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
I tried to set Desktop mode but it didn't worked.
I found a free solution incredibly from Microsoft Garage "Mouse Without Borders" that fixed my issue!
Thanks anyone!!!

Reactions: askmark
Upvote 0

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
I tried to set Desktop mode but it didn't worked.
I found a free solution incredibly from Microsoft Garage "Mouse Without Borders" that fixed my issue!
Thanks anyone!!!
I'm glad to you hear you managed to find a solution. That software looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Skinoku
Upvote 0

Skinoku

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
Anyways if someone wondering a different solution, you can go to "Ease Of Access Center" and Under Control the mouse with the keyboard, select the Turn on Mouse Keys check box.
Now you can use whatever software you like and the mouse WON'T disappear if you unplug a physical one from the PC.
Anyways you'll "lose" the numpad, because it'll be configured to move your mouse.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.