Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal
Firewall security
About custom security
Network connections changed to Local network
Application Resource protection folders added "Protected Folders" to cover C Drive and external drives.
Other tweaks following other members set-ups
Periodic malware scanners
Eset Online Scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge (New version)
Kaspersky Protection
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect (paid version) scheduled backups
Kaspersky BackUp for password protected back-up of Data Encryption contents (backed up on demand)
OneDrive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect
OneDrive
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Lenovo
Intel(R) HD Graphics
8gb Ram

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for the comments. By way of an update, I have retained just the Kaspersky Browser extension.

Two queries :

1. For additional user defined "protected Folder" settings for resources under Application Control, which are the resources not covered by default settings and therefore to be covered by user defined settings ? Unsure whether protecting entire C drive is unnecessary and just perhaps the User folder is more appropriate.
2. If "perform recommended actions automatically" is ticked under general settings, does this negate the user settings created above or do they still apply whether in interactive or automatic mode ?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1.- Yes, I also protected folders with my docs and files, no the full drive...

2.- That settings apply actions automatically, so no Interactive Warnings... in Auto Mode, actions with Prompts rights in Application Control are allowed in Trusted and Low Restricted...

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
1.- Yes, I also protected folders with my docs and files, no the full drive...

Just to clarify are you saying the C drive and other docs as well?

2.- That settings apply actions automatically, so no Interactive Warnings... in Auto Mode, actions with Prompts rights in Application Control are allowed in Trusted and Low Restricted...

In either mode are the user settings initiated ?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I also protected folders with my docs and files, no the full drive.
I mean only protect folders with my important files/docs... in my case I have them all in drive D:

1600416673324.png1600416583259.png

With this approach almost has no sense to change Low Restricted rights, since no application will be placed there, only in Trusted, High Restricted or UnTrusted :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.