Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'PC Security Configuration' started by amico81, Jan 10, 2017.
I wanna have a light system for browsing and gaming.
Very Nice Configuration,but how about a password manager
Nice config, definitely a light IS.
Please shift your entry 'Zemana AntiMalware with Realtime-Protection and Pandora-Cloud' into Realtime protection and shift 'Zemana Antimalware' into On-demand scanner category
Consider adding a backup tool like Macrium Reflect free for system/data safety. You can also add 'HTTPS Everywhere' to Firefox.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the comments...I'm a newbie here in this forum. Yes i will try some Backup's
HTTPS Everywhere sounds good
Very nice config!
Three things to remember,
1.Do not overwhelm you PC with security apps (I bet you won't because you prefer lite)
2. Know which tools do what. Helps a lot during decisions
3. Keep away from risky sites and files. You can try VooDooShield if you tend to deal with unknown app installations. You'll get details of it here itself.
Feel free to ask and share here
Nice config thanks for sharing
Good config, just add HTTPS Everywhere and follow backup suggestion by @Parsh
You are protected.
Thanks for sharing.
Backups are often overlooked but still a very important part of ones security config.
Consider a System backup solution.Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper offer good free solutions.
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us
today i wanna try Macrium Reflect Free. have found a good tutorial for me.
Great config mate,how the panda working for you so far?
I have tested it in the past,and it was very slow..and also lot's of false positive threats.
on my system ( i7-3770, 16 gb Ram, SSD 840-Evo) Panda runs very lite. PC starts without handbrake...no fps-drops in games.
Until now no false positives ( since 20.11.15). My wive uses Panda Cloud free...HitmanPro on demand an no infections since months
Nice configuration out there.
Everything is intact, no need to add any additional components. You can try Panda's Application Control which also good for advance/experience users.
- Replaced Panda Internet Security by Emsisoft AntiMalware ( Thx for the GiveAway)
- Zemana AntiMalware now without Realtime-Protection...just second opinion scanner
- Test with Malwarebytes Antimalware without Realtime-Protection
Consider VoodooShield to complement Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Sandboxie to complement Firefox.
After testing 5 months the giveaway, i switch back to my old config
- Replaced Emsisoft AntiMalware by Panda Internet Security
- Zemana AntiMalware now with Realtime-Protection and Pandora Cloud
-Second opinion scanner is Herdprotect
ADD: Wise Disk Cleaner
ADD: Gdata Antivirus
Remove: Panda Internet Security
Herdprotect since weeks offline.....whats going on?
- Trend Micro Internet Security ( good scores from our malwarehub and other av-labs tests)
- Gdata Antivirus ( I liked it very much !!! and I will come back !! But I wanna test the system impact from Trend Micro IS)
First impression: No great options for tweaks. little handbrake at web browsing ( youtube).
- back to Gdata Antivirus ( 05.01.2018)
- Trial Kaspersky AV ( 27.12.17 - 05.01.18) light, good protection, but problem with win update KB4056892
- Trial Norton Security Deluxe ( 20.12.17 - 27-12.17) ultra light..nice...impressive
- Bullguard IS (12.11.17 - 27.12.17) light and interesting av
- Trend Micro IS ( 03.11.17 - 12.11.17) little bit heavy on my system
Interesting, I haven't experienced problems with Kaspersky 2018 (f) and KB4056892, although I manually installed it.
Have a great time with G Data. I as well always find myself going back to it..