Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Nice config, definitely a light IS.

Please shift your entry 'Zemana AntiMalware with Realtime-Protection and Pandora-Cloud' into Realtime protection and shift 'Zemana Antimalware' into On-demand scanner category :)

Consider adding a backup tool like Macrium Reflect free for system/data safety. You can also add 'HTTPS Everywhere' to Firefox.
Thanks for sharing!

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for the comments...I'm a newbie here in this forum. Yes i will try some Backup's

HTTPS Everywhere sounds good

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the comments...I'm a newbie here in this forum. Yes i will try some Backup's

HTTPS Everywhere sounds good
Great!
Three things to remember,
1.Do not overwhelm you PC with security apps (I bet you won't because you prefer lite)
2. Know which tools do what. Helps a lot during decisions
3. Keep away from risky sites and files. You can try VooDooShield if you tend to deal with unknown app installations. You'll get details of it here itself.

Feel free to ask and share here :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Backups are often overlooked but still a very important part of ones security config.
Consider a System backup solution.Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper offer good free solutions.
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

OTMS

Level 1
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Great config mate,how the panda working for you so far?
I have tested it in the past,and it was very slow..and also lot's of false positive threats.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
on my system ( i7-3770, 16 gb Ram, SSD 840-Evo) Panda runs very lite. PC starts without handbrake...no fps-drops in games.

Until now no false positives ( since 20.11.15). My wive uses Panda Cloud free...HitmanPro on demand an no infections since months

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice configuration out there.

Everything is intact, no need to add any additional components. You can try Panda's Application Control which also good for advance/experience users.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
- Replaced Panda Internet Security by Emsisoft AntiMalware ( Thx for the GiveAway)
- Zemana AntiMalware now without Realtime-Protection...just second opinion scanner
- Test with Malwarebytes Antimalware without Realtime-Protection

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
After testing 5 months the giveaway, i switch back to my old config :)

- Replaced Emsisoft AntiMalware by Panda Internet Security
- Zemana AntiMalware now with Realtime-Protection and Pandora Cloud
-Second opinion scanner is Herdprotect

Reactions: MalwareTracker

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Installed:
- Trend Micro Internet Security ( good scores from our malwarehub and other av-labs tests)

Removed:
- Gdata Antivirus ( I liked it very much !!! and I will come back !! But I wanna test the system impact from Trend Micro IS)

First impression: No great options for tweaks. little handbrake at web browsing ( youtube).

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Installed:
- back to Gdata Antivirus ( 05.01.2018)

Removed:
- Trial Kaspersky AV ( 27.12.17 - 05.01.18) light, good protection, but problem with win update KB4056892
- Trial Norton Security Deluxe ( 20.12.17 - 27-12.17) ultra light..nice...impressive
- Bullguard IS (12.11.17 - 27.12.17) light and interesting av
- Trend Micro IS ( 03.11.17 - 12.11.17) little bit heavy on my system

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Removed:
- Trial Kaspersky AV ( 27.12.17 - 05.01.18) light, good protection, but problem with win update KB4056892
Interesting, I haven't experienced problems with Kaspersky 2018 (f) and KB4056892, although I manually installed it.

Have a great time with G Data. I as well always find myself going back to it.. (y):giggle:;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.