System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Standard
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Eset NOD32
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Better performance
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Hitman Pro + Norton Power Eraser
    Browsers and Extensions
    Firefox with uBlock origin + Netcraft + Comodo Online Security
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    uBlock origin
    System Utilities
    Wise Disk Cleaner
    Data Backup
    Acronis True Image
    Frequency of Data backups
    Always-on Sync
    System Backup
    Acronis True Image
    Frequency of System backups
    Rarely

Evjl's Rain

Level 44
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Malware Hunter
    make sure you run Syshardener and apply the default or tweaked settings :) then avast is even better

also you may consider enabling this option. It works similarly to smartscreen and will warn you about downloaded files with low reputation => good against zero-day malwares. There will be expected FPs, too. It used to warn some Windows Updates files because they are too new
    if you see the warning, wait for a day and download the file again. The warning may disappear

amico81

Level 17
    Verified
    1. Re-Test AVAST IS. kicked after five minutes because ads for their VPN.:mad:
    2. Re-Test Norton. kicked after three minutes. Activation Bug still exists. :mad:
    3. Re-Test Bullguard IS...looks good ( ok they should change their old GUI)

My light system for the next 30 days:

Bullguard IS + OSArmor
    Firefox Nightly + Ublockorign + Comodo Online Security

Removed Netcraft ( Bullguard has a good antiphishing from bitdefender cloud)
    Removed Kaspersky AV ( paid)

LDogg

Level 30
    Verified
    I believe Netcraft has the best phishing detecting ability out of most out there, but at the end of the day it's what you see best for your own config and you know your own habits/system.

For FF Nightly you could also try Scriptsafe is you prefer, also speed up your connection too by blocking harmful script and unwanted content. The rest of your config looks light & solid.

~LDogg

FrFc1908

Level 18
    1. Re-Test AVAST IS. kicked after five minutes because ads for their VPN.:mad:
    2. Re-Test Norton. kicked after three minutes. Activation Bug still exists. :mad:
    3. Re-Test Bullguard IS...looks good ( ok they should change their old GUI)

My light system for the next 30 days:

Bullguard IS + OSArmor
    Firefox Nightly + Ublockorign + Comodo Online Security

Removed Netcraft ( Bullguard has a good antiphishing from bitdefender cloud)
    Removed Kaspersky AV ( paid)

would change comodo online security for the malwarbytes extension or k9. add htts everywhere , privacy possum and idnsafe. you can also add simple dnscrypt and use this in combination with adguad dns / neustarr dns or quad 9 dns. thanks for sharing your config with us :).

post edit : bullguard has very good webpage scanner , so there is virtually no need for another one. also it is known as the " fixed " bitdefender , I used it for some time and barely noticed it's pressence on my machine. it is really good develloped / maintained software!!!

amico81

Level 17
    Verified
    would change comodo online security for the malwarbytes extension or k9. add htts everywhere , privacy possum and idnsafe. you can also add simple dnscrypt and use this in combination with adguad dns / neustarr dns or quad 9 dns. thanks for sharing your config with us :).
    post edit : bullguard has very good webpage scanner , so there is virtually no need for another one. also it is known as the " fixed " bitdefender , I used it for some time and barely noticed it's pressence on my machine. it is really good develloped / maintained software!!!
    i know the malwarebytes extension...but I have the impression that it slows down a little bit my firefox.
    but i would give him a new change because i have no doubt about their good protection
    I really hope that bullguard fix their sleeping behavior blocker as soon as possible....the firewall is ready

amico81

Level 17
    Verified
    ADD: Panda Dome Advanced ( tweaks from @Slyguy) + OSArmor
    ADD: Panda Safe Web + Netcraft

-> amazing light system :emoji_ok_hand:a performance impact doesnt exist

Removed Bullguard IS ( I will come back if they have improved the behavior blocker)

Reactions: harlan4096