Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
make sure you run Syshardener and apply the default or tweaked settings :) then avast is even better

also you may consider enabling this option. It works similarly to smartscreen and will warn you about downloaded files with low reputation => good against zero-day malwares. There will be expected FPs, too. It used to warn some Windows Updates files because they are too new
if you see the warning, wait for a day and download the file again. The warning may disappear

4-jpg.101308

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
1. Re-Test AVAST IS. kicked after five minutes because ads for their VPN.:mad:
2. Re-Test Norton. kicked after three minutes. Activation Bug still exists. :mad:
3. Re-Test Bullguard IS...looks good ( ok they should change their old GUI)

My light system for the next 30 days:

Bullguard IS + OSArmor
Firefox Nightly + Ublockorign + Comodo Online Security

Removed Netcraft ( Bullguard has a good antiphishing from bitdefender cloud)
Removed Kaspersky AV ( paid)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I believe Netcraft has the best phishing detecting ability out of most out there, but at the end of the day it's what you see best for your own config and you know your own habits/system.

For FF Nightly you could also try Scriptsafe is you prefer, also speed up your connection too by blocking harmful script and unwanted content. The rest of your config looks light & solid.

~LDogg

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
For FF Nightly you could also try Scriptsafe is you prefer, also speed up your connection too by blocking harmful script and unwanted content

Scriptsafe sounds interesting. I will try it. Thx for your advice (y)

Reactions: oldschool

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
1. Re-Test AVAST IS. kicked after five minutes because ads for their VPN.:mad:
2. Re-Test Norton. kicked after three minutes. Activation Bug still exists. :mad:
3. Re-Test Bullguard IS...looks good ( ok they should change their old GUI)

My light system for the next 30 days:

Bullguard IS + OSArmor
Firefox Nightly + Ublockorign + Comodo Online Security

Removed Netcraft ( Bullguard has a good antiphishing from bitdefender cloud)
Removed Kaspersky AV ( paid)

would change comodo online security for the malwarbytes extension or k9. add htts everywhere , privacy possum and idnsafe. you can also add simple dnscrypt and use this in combination with adguad dns / neustarr dns or quad 9 dns. thanks for sharing your config with us :).

post edit : bullguard has very good webpage scanner , so there is virtually no need for another one. also it is known as the " fixed " bitdefender , I used it for some time and barely noticed it's pressence on my machine. it is really good develloped / maintained software!!!

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
would change comodo online security for the malwarbytes extension or k9. add htts everywhere , privacy possum and idnsafe. you can also add simple dnscrypt and use this in combination with adguad dns / neustarr dns or quad 9 dns. thanks for sharing your config with us :).
post edit : bullguard has very good webpage scanner , so there is virtually no need for another one. also it is known as the " fixed " bitdefender , I used it for some time and barely noticed it's pressence on my machine. it is really good develloped / maintained software!!!

i know the malwarebytes extension...but I have the impression that it slows down a little bit my firefox.
but i would give him a new change because i have no doubt about their good protection
I really hope that bullguard fix their sleeping behavior blocker as soon as possible....the firewall is ready

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
ADD: Panda Dome Advanced ( tweaks from @ForgottenSeer 58943) + OSArmor
ADD: Panda Safe Web + Netcraft

-> amazing light system :emoji_ok_hand:a performance impact doesnt exist

Removed Bullguard IS ( I will come back if they have improved the behavior blocker)

Reactions: harlan4096

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
-> Updated to WIN 1809 aka Redstone 5

-Removed OSArmor ( Version not compatible with 1809)
-Removed Panda Dome Advanced ( without OSArmor, i dont feel me protected)

add: Eset NOD32 (tweaks by @RoboMan)

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Nice and simple. How are you finding NOD32? Thanks for sharing! (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.