An App For MalwareTips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I'm using my iPad as my normal computer nowadays, and browsing on MT is slow and cumbersome. Something that I would like would be an app for MT for iOS and Android.

If this isn't possible, could you please make a mobile version of MT that is more touch friendly?

I understand you aren't coding this website yourself, you are using XenForo, so not everything is possible, but please consider the option.

Thanks, A Long-Loved MT Member :p

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Would be easy to make an app to browse MT, as an RSS feed is exported already :) The difficulty would be in allowing users to post, which would either have to be done through APIs (Xenforo allows REST) or some other method using HTTP(S).

Unfortunately I don't have time to put anything together (nor do I have experience programming for iOS), but if anyone wants to give this a shot and needs some advice on REST, give me a shout and I'll be happy to help :)

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Is there a way to auto sign in? Last pass?

PS: The column for latest posts and thread doesn't appear on my iPad. Is there any way to make it appear?
I use the Chrome password manager for MT. The only thing that is different on Android is the Malware Hub doesn't show on the home page, but I can access it from my alerts.

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
I downloaded that app for google, its alright, but yes you cannot post which defeats the purpose a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.