App Review An Emsisoft Emergency Kit Quickie

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It just shut down ~5 seconds into the scan and was reproducible both on VM and production systems.

Not a great loss as more robust solutions exist with longer stability track records.
Did you have VC++ 2017 runtime installed? I remember it crashed the first time I ran it, then I saw the website. After installing VC++ it never crashed for me again, UI was pretty stable. Scan speeds on the other hand were horrible, Dev mentioned it had to do with the Rising Cloud AV not handling batch query properly.
1704683495057.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
A true POS scanner. Why so many drift towards scam apps is confounding. Nowadays bots with their self-generated websites run these scams. Get wise folks.
It's not a scam. It a legitimate app and the author posts here. I'm not too sure that those self-generated websites run by bots, actually exist.

Last edited:

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
It just shut down ~5 seconds into the scan and was reproducible both on VM and production systems.

Not a great loss as more robust solutions exist with longer stability track records.
It's probably a hidden RAT targeting specific geographic zones and once it sees that it's being installed in an OS set to a different zone and located in the different zone then it kills itself in order to prevent analysis. /removes lvl 3 tinfoil sombrero

• HaHa
Reactions: brambedkar59

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

Thanks for trying anyway. Yet, I'd rather see another unpopular solution rise instead of the major ones that have been there for years. For me it's working smoothly on my system and it detects quite a lot of malicious scripts. :unsure:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for trying anyway. Yet, I'd rather see another unpopular solution rise instead of the major ones that have been there for years. For me it's working smoothly on my system and it detects quite a lot of malicious scripts. :unsure:
good info but too many pronouns: "it" = X-sec?? or one of the other several 2d op that were mentioned above... :unsure:

Reactions: Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.