Troubleshoot Android downloaded from an email

Ceeg

Thread author
Dec 14, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Its just sitting there waiting to be opened.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Downloaded avast.. Said there was nothing there...
All I want to do it get rid of them (the attachments) before they do something. How do I do this and I have avast (just got it) and it scanned my computer saying nothing came back. Also maybe help me so that my phone does not automatically download attachments. Please help!

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
you can safely delete the file of course if you havent executed, however a scan with hitmanpro, norton power eraser and emsisoft emergency kit will help you to find out any infection... also you may upload the file to www.virustotal.com to see if it is safe or no :D

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You should just be able to delete the email and the attachments will be gone also.However if they have been already downloaded then just delete them without opening them.I am assuming you opened the email though and then the attachments were downloaded? It is better to not open any email you think is suspicious.I would think if you do not have an Apple product with Apple Care that would be suspicious enough to delete the email without opening it.

Reactions: kiric96
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.