Andytay70's Current Configuration

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Comodo firewall Proactive Configuration (HIPS set to Paranoid) MBAE Premium ,MBAM Premium, Avast Premier
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Crystal security, Zemana Free
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Internet explorer with tracking protection, Google Chrome x64 with uBlock Origin, Firefox x64 with uBlock Origin Ghostery, Noscript, HTTPS Everywhere
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Pro, Glary Utilities Pro
N

Noxx

You're safe. Isn't AVAST premier on top of COMODO, MBAE, MBAM real-time a bit overkill, though? CIS + MBAM and Crystal Security/Zemana on-demand is quite a bit of malware prot by itself. Thanks for sharing your config.

Andytay70

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
You're safe. Isn't AVAST premier on top of COMODO, MBAE, MBAM real-time a bit overkill, though? CIS + MBAM and Crystal Security/Zemana on-demand is quite a bit of malware prot by itself. Thanks for sharing your config.
I have used this setup for awhile and it serves me well And had no slowdown or issues yet!

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

If they are excluded from each-other it should be fine, thumbs up from me! :)

Reactions: Andytay70

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Avast Premier has its own firewall, correct? A lot of experts would recommend to have one firewall, even if so far everything seems okay for you.
So, I suggest either of these
-Avast free/pro + Comodo Firewall
-Avast Premier

Also be aware that there's an issue between Comodo and Malwarebytes AntiExploit
Known Issues & Conflicts

You can replace NoScript by enabling Ublock Origin's Advance Mode(Go to dashboard >Settings > Click on "I am an advanced user")

Reactions: Andytay70

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very good configuration but as other said, Avast can be use as standalone or if not use their free version instead.

Considering that vital components of Avast already included on Free version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.