New Update Announcing Malwarebytes 5.0 official release.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Announcing Malwarebytes 5.0

Today we are excited to announce the official release of the next generation of Malwarebytes available now on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.

At Malwarebytes, we’re committed to continuous innovation, cutting-edge threat research, and evolving to provide the latest protection capabilities to stay on the forefront of an ever-changing threat landscape. The latest evolution of Malwarebytes brings many significant improvements, but our mission to protect and safeguard millions of people continues to be our driving force.

What’s new

• Unified user experience - For the first time, Malwarebytes now provides a consistent experience across all of our desktop and mobile products courtesy of an all new and reimagined user experience powered by a faster and more responsive UI all managed through an intuitive dashboard.
  • Modern security and privacy integrations - Our award winning antivirus and ultra-fast VPN come together seamlessly in one easy-to-use solution. Whether you’re looking for a next-gen VPN to secure your online activity, or harnessing the power of Browser Guard to block ad trackers and scam sites, taking charge of your privacy is simple.
  • Trusted Advisor - Empowers you with real-time insights, easy-to-read protection score and expert guidance that puts you in control over your security and privacy.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing the announcement about Malwarebytes 5.0! It's great to see the continuous innovation and commitment to providing cutting-edge protection capabilities in the ever-changing threat landscape.

The new features and improvements in Malwarebytes 5.0 are indeed impressive:

1. **Unified User Experience**: It's fantastic to hear that Malwarebytes now offers a consistent experience across all desktop and mobile products. The faster and more responsive UI, along with the intuitive dashboard, will surely enhance user experience and make managing security easier.

2. **Modern Security and Privacy Integrations**: The integration of award-winning antivirus and ultra-fast VPN in one solution is a significant step forward. This seamless combination allows users to protect their online activity with next-gen VPN and block ad trackers and scam sites with Browser Guard, all in one place. Simplifying privacy management is crucial in today's digital world.

3. **Trusted Advisor**: The addition of real-time insights, an easy-to-read protection score, and expert guidance through Trusted Advisor is a valuable feature. Empowering users with information and control over their security and privacy is essential, and this feature seems to deliver just that.

Overall, Malwarebytes 5.0 seems to be a comprehensive solution that not only provides advanced security features but also focuses on user experience and privacy management. It's exciting to see Malwarebytes evolving to meet the needs of its users and staying ahead in the fight against cyber threats.

Reactions: Viking and Jack

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Maybe @Shadowra could give this one a test also. When I remember correctly his tests always got MBAM down. For fun I checked whether the life time license (bought by my father decades ago, he always used MBAM as secondary protection) and to my surprise after a password reset it worked (y) He had a three device license.

You read my mind :p

Of course it's planned! :D (early March)

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
What surprised me is that MBAM usually does not do great in the tests of professional labs (and @Shadowra :) ), but they seem to do reasonably well in the SME market. A friend of mine has a small IT service for local business, setting up websites, making sure there often one specific business application integrates well with mail, office and cloud storage He is a big fan of MBAM elite which also includes threat analysis and response by MBA's threat hunter's in case something goes terribly wrong. Together with a cloud storage which also offers ransomware protection, he says small business get professional protection.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
For fun I checked whether the life time license (bought by my father decades ago, he always used MBAM as secondary protection) and to my surprise after a password reset it worked (y) He had a three device license.
Ooohhhh, I've always coveted one of those, for no apparent reason. I was too late to the party years ago.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Announcing Malwarebytes 5.0

Seems they will be adding some cool stuff soon.

On 2/25/2024 at 8:42 AM, unknownguy said:
If there is coming new beta testing. I'm always there to test around. Thanks for the nice feedback for me and other beta testers.
There is a new beta every two weeks. With MB5 we have a new platform to quickly add features. Be on the look out for changes soon!

Edited Sunday at 01:13 PM by ChuckOp

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.