Another anti-virus required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timnik

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
Hi all!

I've got SuperAntiSpyware Pro. Do I need an additional real-time anti-virus for better protection? Which one (freeware) would you recommend?
The combo should be light on the resources: I've got an old laptop running Win7 32-bit. I figured I'll stick with Win7 firewall to keep it snappy.

Thanks!

Reactions: Ulikedat

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello

SuperAntispyware would be considered as a Real-Time Anti-Spyware application, and it's effectiveness remains questionable.

You will need an Antivirus software to protect your computer from malware and other web threats, as SAS Pro cannot provide adequate protection.

There are a number of Free Antivirus software, and some will recommend a certain Free Internet Security suite.

Feel free to post in the link below, so others can get a better idea of your PC and how you use it.
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Configuration-Wizard

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like MBAM Pro, SAS Paid version tends to be alongside with your current AV however only likely few users continuously using it due from performance which made a downfall.

timnik

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
Doesn't seem like a good purchase then.. luckily I won this one in a contest.

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Except if new version 6 make an improvement^^lets see soon^^:)
In any case i would use it only as on demand scanner

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Except if new version 6 make an improvement^^lets see soon^^:)

That's what they have been saying for many years after every release and i have yet to observe any improvement but who knows the realtime protection might be better than the ondemand capabilities. I haven't tested that part but let's hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexp79

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Agree, even the worse can improve (look mcafee^^); i am sure there will be some tests when final release will be out. As on demand it doesn't hurt to try it as it's free but i wouldn't pay for that.
Hitman pro is a paid product and last MBAM sucks really so we don't have many choices of free general and easy to use on demand scanner:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.