Ansaf's Config - Security software for my old pc

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
yess,, i too recently checked on av-test.org . and i think it is good.

Also, I wouldn't trust any driver updates coming from Windows Updates and download them straight from the manufacturer's website, in that case, AMD.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I think ESET is a good choice.I would think about upgrading to a newer PC if you can.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Ansaf

Thread author
Sep 10, 2014
so...i just installed panda free antivirus in my pc . did i want to use any on-demand scanners like MBAM for additional protection??? and a best ad blocker too..

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
so...i just installed panda free antivirus in my pc . did i want to use any on-demand scanners like MBAM for additional protection??? and a best ad blocker too..

maybe you can use AdGuard AdBlocker Extension it is lightweight and protects you from malware and phishing...
and you can add Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro as on-demand scanners...

Ansaf

Thread author
Sep 10, 2014
maybe you can use AdGuard AdBlocker Extension it is lightweight and protects you from malware and phishing...
and you can add Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro as on-demand scanners...

ok,,i started to download emsisoft emergency kit.. and also is there any software to optimize my hdd?? i found some errors on sectors on my hdd..

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Chkdsk should allow the HDD to automatically map those out as bad sectors. You should not need to do anything.

I would back up my data though and run chkdsk again like next week, if you are getting a lot of bad sectors the drive may be going bad.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
if u want a adblocker for opera u can try uBlock. its light and working well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.