Anti Exploit Battle: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit vs HitmanPro.Alert

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It was once stated you could run both together, however, we now know that does more harm than good. I would choose Malwarebytes Anti-exploit.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Since this is an 'anti-exploit battle', I'm going to assume you are referring to the paid version of both of them since as you can see here
hmpa-version-comparison-png.246705

HitmanPro.Alert does not have exploit mitigation functionality in free.

(Paid)
I would choose HitmanPro.Alert since not only does it include exploit mitigation but also additional good features like Crypto-Guard. And also the license you get can work in both HitmanPro and HitmanPro.Alert.

(Free)
Based on what I already mentioned above, the obvious choice in this category would be Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I have used Malwarebytes antiexploit free and it is easy to use. But haven't tried hitmanpro alert, however it looks good

H

hjlbx

Hitman Pro Alert is more capable, but it has been buggy for a lot of users; try the trial first... you might have to choose the browser that works best with it on your specific system - which might not be your browser of choice.

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Where is EMET ?? Unlike MBAE Free, EMET is a free anti exploit program and can give shield to any application you want.

Reactions: Dirk41

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Since this is an 'anti-exploit battle', I'm going to assume you are referring to the paid version of both of them since as you can see here
hmpa-version-comparison-png.246705

HitmanPro.Alert does not have exploit mitigation functionality in free.

(Paid)
I would choose HitmanPro.Alert since not only does it include exploit mitigation but also additional good features like Crypto-Guard. And also the license you get can work in both HitmanPro and HitmanPro.Alert.

(Free)
Based on what I already mentioned above, the obvious choice in this category would be Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

Hi, does HMP.A v3 has a free version?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
As far as i know only for scanning purposes only. :(

But according to the figure posted by @Azure Phoenix , the free version has some more features...
The problem is that, I do not know whether this free version still exists or not, because there is no download link of the free version in the official website...
I guess, maybe just like the freeware mode of EAM, the free version of HMP.A will be available only after the paid version expires?

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
But according to the figure posted by @Azure Phoenix , the free version has some more features...
The problem is that, I do not know whether this free version still exists or not, because there is no download link of the free version in the official website...
I guess, maybe just like the freeware mode of EAM, the free version of HMP.A will be available only after the paid version expires?
Yes as far as i know 30 days free and then scan only.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
Depends what you want. Straightforward anti-exploit? Then the latest versions of both do well. HMPA offers additional mitigations for other malicious activities not covered by MBAE and can be cheaper based on what option you take. If you're going for free then MBAE is better but if you can afford it HMPA every time for me.

Good thing abput both is committed developers open to questions/ideas.

Cheers

TipsEasy

Level 2
Verified
Feb 24, 2013
Depends what you want. Straightforward anti-exploit? Then the latest versions of both do well. HMPA offers additional mitigations for other malicious activities not covered by MBAE and can be cheaper based on what option you take. If you're going for free then MBAE is better but if you can afford it HMPA every time for me.

Good thing abput both is committed developers open to questions/ideas.

Cheers
I'm late to this party, but I vote HMPA. Been using almost exclusively for some months now, & it's great. Light, effective, hasn't bogged down many other programs/configs I've tried. My .02 ;)

Reactions: Thingol

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I cannot give a honest answer since I'm a user of HitmanPro.Alert and have never used MBAE so my opinion is biased.

It seems MBAE offers more for free so I'd definitely use that instead if I couldn't pay for HitmanPro.Alert

The paid version of HitmanPro.Alert seems to offer way more than the paid version of MBAE though.

I have not experienced any system slowdowns at all when using HitmanPro.Alert

I'll definitely give MBAE a go soon to see what it's like. After all I use both scanners as in Malwarebytes and HitmanPro and I don't know what I'd do without them especially when I have to clean friends and families invested computers after I delete stuff manually I'll run scans to see what else is picked up! :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Free or Paid, HitmanPro.Alert 3. It's a great all-round product. I haven't had any issues in terms of stability and activating the trial. You can even launch a HitmanPro scan in one-click, without installing HMP. HitmanPro.Alert notifies the user of MITM protection, as seen when you open your browsers.

However, I did uninstall HitmanPro.Alert, *here's why.

Malwarebytes bought Zero Vulnerability Labs who developed the ExploitShield software, and was also a past member to this site.

I have tried Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, but it offered a negative experience. I was not able to activate the free trial, and no opt-out of sending anonymous log in the free version and it was non-responsive.
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Opt-out requires Premium, Not Responding, No Trial version?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.