Anti-malware software for business use?

justin engbroten

Thread author
Jun 4, 2015
I am trying to find a good product to use in my corporate environment for endpoint remediation/malware removal. We have several security devices/products so aren't looking for anything fancy. Right now I use Malwarebytes, but when I went looking for business licenses they stated that they sell them based on the size of the environment. We don't want to shell out a bunch of money for this. I was also thinking maybe Hitman Pro.
Any thoughts?

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I am trying to find a good product to use in my corporate environment for endpoint remediation/malware removal. We have several security devices/products so aren't looking for anything fancy. Right now I use Malwarebytes, but when I went looking for business licenses they stated that they sell them based on the size of the environment. We don't want to shell out a bunch of money for this. I was also thinking maybe Hitman Pro.
Any thoughts?
I do not want to advertise my product. But you can try Xvirus Personal Guard. It is free and a nice scanning tool if you disable the real time protection. Just be carefull with the false positives, check on virustotal before deleting any file. In alternative you have: immunet, nano Antivirus and unThreat Antivirus. Those last 3 are also free for corporate use.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Malwarebytes business edition is not the new version 2, it's still 1.72, which is kinda wired. HitmanPro is good, but you will have to pay for each license key, unless they would sell you a business package. Endpoint wise Symantec and Sophos are the best you can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani Santos

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Most endpoint solutions sell their products based on the number of seats (PC's) Most paid products will make you contact them for a quote such as ESET or Kaspersky .I know ESET does offer a business trial.Their small office endpoint runs from around $150 for 5 pc's to around $330 for 15 pc's.
Not knowing the number of PC's you need protected and what you might consider a bunch of money it's difficult to suggest something paid.ESET,Kaspersky,Norton all offer good endpoint solutions.I think good protection will cost something but there are free options also that are better than Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro in terms of real time protection.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
For business use, I know it's an additional cost, but think of the cost if you were hit by crypto ransomware.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Any thoughts?
Trend Micro is one of the best!!
http://www.trendmicro.com.au/au/business/index.html

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Some vendors provide free security for small businesses, it may be worth researching who does. Microsoft etc.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Many business endpoints available in the corner, as always mentioned; it varies on the complexity setup for creating servers to a network and assumption all should have very sufficient setup.

Norton Endpoint Security, Kaspersky Small business version and others can be compatible, just remember make an account limited so that none of users may execute programs which required privilege.

Reactions: Venustus
D

Deleted member 178

for business you don't have much choices:

- Symantec Endpoint (managed version) , i run the unmanaged one on my actual laptop.
- Sophos Endpoint

all the rest are small players , even Kaspersky

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
for business you don't have much choices:

- Symantec Endpoint (managed version)
- Sophos Endpoint

all the rest are small players , even Kaspersky
I agree with those two,but you must add Trend to the list!
Very easy to deploy;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.