Anti-MalwareBytes - or is ot? PLUS 'Blocked by 'Group Policy'?

TonyH

New Member
Hi Just joined, looking for clues! Last week I started PC, a little box appeared on screen, saying a file was not loaded. This file (zkbuygp.dat) I can find no ref to on any Google search. Being suspicious I tried to run Antimalwarebytes, scan would NOT run "prog blocked by group policy", neither would M'soft Sec Essentials. BUT MSE did run when I opened in Safe Mode. I can't find much info re 'blocked by Group Policy", what there is seems confusing, I wouldn't feel confident trying to amend Registry entries for sure. I uninstalled AMBytes, and downloaded a new version (trial), which runs ok, or at least appears to. I AM WARY, as this AMBytes pops up a little box, just now and again, saying it has blocked a 'threat' from the i'net. I WAS NOT AWARE that AMBytes runs in real-time, guarding against online threats, I thought it does scans. All this started on April 9th, day after the XP furore, shouldn't affect me as I have Windows 7 and IE9. I have also downloaded and run the Kaspersky tool (TDSS?) didn't find anything, and Comodo, same. Is my AMBytes ok, and what's the right info re this 'blocked by Group Policy' stuff? thx Tony
 
Hi, Tony

We will now check your PC for malware.


Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.


  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top