Advice Request Anti-spam protection on SMS.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

In the info I read that the service is done by Google which says it will not collect data .......
But I don't trust.
Because user data are business of Google.
Even if they're not "collect" aka save it for later on a drive, they analyze and add that data + meta data to user profile.

That's how if works and how all "free" services works. Well, even some payed.

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
If any MT user is interested tomorrow I could insert the (translated) text of the info of Google.

I' am segregated at home like almost everyone in my country for the next few weeks.
Last night the prime minister closed almost all business activities.
And in fact I am awake now because I am very worried.:(:(:(

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
It's really up to you. I have not run into a single spam text to begin with and the Spam call filter has been amazing. I think there are antivirus apps that can do SMS Spam Filtering instead. But then you put your trust and privacy in that AV company which will scan all of your text too. So it's a balance on trading in your privacy for security.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I actually got one a few days ago. My very first one on my phone ( that I recall ) and cleaver created as it was in my language, but needed a confirmation on a order I didn't recall made and the link was obfuscated/shorten. As soon I clicked the notification, a Google message popped up warning of Spam and I ticked an option to report it and also the phones own option to block the phone number. Needless to say, I never clicked the link and can't even trace it back as the SMS seems to been very properly deleted. The phone number it was sent from is now located in the built-in blacklist.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.