Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Update*

Removed Comodo Firewall
Installed Voodooshield Free
Installed Malwarebytes Anti-exploit free
Using Windows Firewall
Added Ublock origin to Chrome

Should I add windows firewall control to control connections? or another 3rd party firewall like tinywall?

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
You have a lot of choices with the Windows Firewall. You could configure incoming/outgoing rules directly from Windows Firewall, or get something like WFC to give you more control. As for third-party, there are a few good ones, although I have no experience with Tinywall, I do enjoy Glasswire quite a bit.

Reactions: Antimalware18

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Well, installing Malwarebytes 3 yesterday eleminated malwarebytes anti-exploit and I couldn't find it on their page anymore sooooo my current setup is

Windows 10
UAC-High
Smartscreen-on

Avast! free- Everything on high, Hardened mode and cybercapture off
Voodooshield
Glasswire firewall

On demand scanners- Malwarebytes, Emsisoft emergency kit, HitmanPro, ZAM, NPE

Google Chrome- Ublock origin, Avira Browser safety, HTTPs Everywhere.

Macrium Reflect free- saved to external device (unplugged from PC)

And I do not participate in malware hub.

what do you guys think?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.