What I am most interested about
Exclusive Features & Functionality
Why I want to compare these apps
Similar to BAFS feature
G

Genux

I found this website:
+ Home - Windows Defender Testground
Block at First Sight, is a feature of Windows Defender Antivirus cloud-delivered protection that provides a way to detect and block new malware within seconds. You can test that it is working as expected by downloading a fake malware file.
Are there any other antivirus software other than Windows Defender that provide a similar feature to BAFS? Also how do I enable BAFS?

Arequire

Level 23
Content Creator
Verified
Are there any other antivirus software other than Windows Defender that provide a similar feature to BAFS?
Avast's DeepScreen and Immunet's Blocking Mode are two that come to mind. I'm sure other people can think of more examples.

Also how do I enable BAFS?
Block at first sight is automatically enabled as long as Cloud-based protection and Automatic sample submission are both turned on.

Evjl's Rain

Level 40
Content Creator
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
Avast: hardened mode aggressive
Kaspersky Internet security or total security: trusted application mode or manual application control settings
Panda (paid only): application control
Comodo: cloud lookup/trusted vendor list
Norton: download insight (only works with files downloaded from your browsers, similarly to BAFS)

Besides norton, the rest work regardless of where you get your files from

These are my list that they actually work confirmed by me. They block relatively new files
Immunet's block mode is gimmicky. It doesn't work as I expect

G

Genux

Thanks for the suggestion, I shall try that. Which is the best alternative from the list above/?

Reactions: Jack

I found this website:
+ Home - Windows Defender Testground

Are there any other antivirus software other than Windows Defender that provide a similar feature to BAFS? Also how do I enable BAFS?
@Andy Ful 's Configure Defender available on GitHub. There's a dedicated thread here.

Alternatively, you can use SRP that offers much more comprehensive protections... not just blocking downloads protection.