Battle Antivirus software that provide a similar feature to BAFS?

G

Genux

Thread author
I found this website:
+ Home - Windows Defender Testground
Block at First Sight, is a feature of Windows Defender Antivirus cloud-delivered protection that provides a way to detect and block new malware within seconds. You can test that it is working as expected by downloading a fake malware file.
Are there any other antivirus software other than Windows Defender that provide a similar feature to BAFS? Also how do I enable BAFS?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Are there any other antivirus software other than Windows Defender that provide a similar feature to BAFS?
Avast's DeepScreen and Immunet's Blocking Mode are two that come to mind. I'm sure other people can think of more examples.

Also how do I enable BAFS?
Block at first sight is automatically enabled as long as Cloud-based protection and Automatic sample submission are both turned on.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Avast: hardened mode aggressive
Kaspersky Internet security or total security: trusted application mode or manual application control settings
Panda (paid only): application control
Comodo: cloud lookup/trusted vendor list
Norton: download insight (only works with files downloaded from your browsers, similarly to BAFS)

Besides norton, the rest work regardless of where you get your files from

These are my list that they actually work confirmed by me. They block relatively new files
Immunet's block mode is gimmicky. It doesn't work as I expect

Thread author
I found this website:
+ Home - Windows Defender Testground

Are there any other antivirus software other than Windows Defender that provide a similar feature to BAFS? Also how do I enable BAFS?

@Andy Ful 's Configure Defender available on GitHub. There's a dedicated thread here.

Alternatively, you can use SRP that offers much more comprehensive protections... not just blocking downloads protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.