Advice Request Any free vpn working for american netflix?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

marksmith09822

Thread author
Jun 22, 2020
Hello there,

I am from australia and i really wanted to watch american netflix but all i found on the internet are paid options. So suggest me any good hack to switch my netflix region?

Last edited:

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Sep 19, 2019
free vpns are very restricted. Only Windscribe gives you 50GB/month so try it.
Netflix is banning VPN IPs, so i doubt you'll find free working solution because you'll have only few servers available

Reactions: amico81 and roger_m

blacksheep

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
You should not use free VPN's. Also, if you have VPN just go pirate the content, there is no reason to pay fro Netflix, if you have such tool in your hands.

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
You can get KeepSolid's SmartDNS for something like $20 lifetime if you can find a discount code to use on StackSocial.

Reactions: roger_m

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Hello there,

I am from australia and i really wanted to watch american netflix but all i found on the internet are paid options. So suggest me any good hack to switch my netflix region?
Not sure if it would work for what you need but you can try this and completely free.

Their home page has the add on for chrome, I have it for firefox but can't find it on the add on store for some reason. (Haven't used it in long time but still works!)

drumsticky

Jun 27, 2020
Not sure if it fits your needs but I recently tried CactusVPN which did the job. However, it's not forever free. There's a short trial period after which you have to upgrade (or create a new account) ;-) There are a bunch of more free VPN services I found online. You can try those but I am not really sure if all of them will work for Netflix because Netflix actively blocks VPN access and free VPNs usually lack a huge IP pool so they tend to get blacklisted fairly quickly.

Reactions: Cortex and roger_m

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
IMO, using a free VPN to access Netflix will result in frustration & much hair pulling & the Cat if you own one will run away - Windscribe is pretty good with Netflix & cheap deals can be had but unlikely to get any free VPN that works long term or even short - Free allowances soon get used up viewing video.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.