Android Any reliable ad blockers for Android without root?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

brod56

Level 12
Feb 13, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny

dJim

Level 2
Mar 12, 2016
so.. theres not option to blocok those anoying ads ( most of them with malware ) without change dns ?..i really tired of those pages who abuse of redirects and spam ads

brod56

Level 12
Feb 13, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
because you are playing with xposed module, and youtube is free it's not piracy just patched i think :D
Xposed is not piracy, nor is rooting or unlocking the bootloader. Lucky Patcher, on the other hand, is, because patching apks means most of the time stoling money from devs.

HarborFront

Level 36
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:

Jehoshua

Jan 1, 2018
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Avira
Dns66 or Blokada for non-rooted and AFWall+ for rooted, the last one is a firewall but you can modify the iptables easy including the exact dns server that you wanted and other cool stuff, since android lollipop the best way to set DNS is to iptables

Jehoshua

Jan 1, 2018
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Avira
Afwall can be used alongside with blockada and you can set hosts files like adaway does. But you have to be rooted to modify iptables, is the best way to be secure in android

brod56

Level 12
Feb 13, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
How effective is blocking ads by modifying the DNS settings vs using ad blockers?

How to block Ads on Smartphone - Android and iOS
If you are rooted:
Just modify the hosts file (Adaway). No brainer choice

If you're not rooted:
Modifying DNS is simple and quick but only works in wifi network. Also, no element hiding supported.
Using an adblocker like Blokada supports element hiding and lte but will create a VPN connection constantly running in the back. No perfect solutions here.

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
I was doing my own research last few days and stumbled upon Blokada. It's a lot better than DNS66 which I found to not always work and then Adguard where it killed the battery, plus some other Certificate issues.

Based on my short time using these "adblockers for android", I also recommend Blokada.