Advice Request Any typing slowness with Kaspersky Security cloud 2021 free?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bryan320

Level 8
Thread author
Oct 11, 2019
This latest version has one of my machines acting strange. i will report this to the correct forum but before i do. I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue? Typing is going in slow-motion as if the system is lagging but it's not. I have not had an issue like this with the other version. If you are affected you would be able to notice it when replying to this thread or a Facebook post.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
This latest version has one of my machines acting strange. i will report this to the correct forum but before i do. I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue? Typing is going in slow-motion as if the system is lagging but it's not. I have not had an issue like this with the other version. If you are affected you would be able to notice it when replying to this thread or a Facebook post.

Just on YouTube (that I notice), with Firefox and Edge booth have Kaspersky extension, I have KIS 2021 install.
No problem on Brave, but there is no Kaspersky extension for Brave I use TrafficLigth.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
They know about the problem???? This is Kaspersky they should have already released a fix. I get that it's not a serious bug but it is annoying as hell.

Yes they have known, and unfortunately no fix yet:

1598753672664.png

JitzyJT

Level 1
Jul 31, 2018
I also noticed while watching youtube videos in fullscreen mode if you pause the video using "spacebar" on your keyboard it takes a second or two for the video to actually pause. This goes away when Kaspersky is closed.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Have you tried to disable Script Injection?
by the way, I found Kaspersky community is mostly useless. When I asked question, >90% of the time, nobody can answer
Kaspersky Internet Security .jpg

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Have you tried to disable Script Injection?
by the way, I found Kaspersky community is mostly useless. When I asked question, >90% of the time, nobody can answer
View attachment 245667

No because I try to uninstall the Kaspersky Password manager and work, I don't used this application anyway.
In Kaspersky community the answer is always the same, uninstall and install the application again.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
well unfortunately uninstalling and reinstalling does no good. I will have to unfortunately wait for the next patch and fingers crossed it's fixed lol.
Uninstall Kaspersky Keyword manager if you don't use it, work for me.

Uninstall Kaspersky Keyword manager if you don't use it, work for me.
Password manager.... :p

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
When i used it last time , week or two ago, cant even remember it has some issues as i could not to write anything up, until i restarted browser, i had other stuff like clients open and could not type on them either....but slow bug nah never seen

Bryan320

Level 8
Thread author
Oct 11, 2019
When i used it last time , week or two ago, cant even remember it has some issues as i could not to write anything up, until i restarted browser, i had other stuff like clients open and could not type on them either....but slow bug nah never seen
it's effecting me even after a full "clean install of the latest windows 10 so i know nothing is conflicting.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Interesting thread, I have a friend who I installed KIS on his half decent laptop & he said yesterday it was running really slow, of course it could be anything but I'm having a look tomorrow & if it's not obvious I'll remove KIS & see what occurs. It was running fine a while ago?

Bryan320

Level 8
Thread author
Oct 11, 2019
Interesting thread, I have a friend who I installed KIS on his half decent laptop & he said yesterday it was running really slow, of course it could be anything but I'm having a look tomorrow & if it's not obvious I'll remove KIS & see what occurs. It was running fine a while ago?
It's only happened in the 2021 version.... I did not have this issue with the 2020 version.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020

I don't have any issue with ten 21 version. The only problem was with the application (kaspersky password manager).

Running really smooth:

1600036577276.png

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Thanks for that, as before could be anything & not sure what version it's running I have to investigate & it's a work PC so can't leave it.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.