Question Anybody Used Withings Body Scan Yet?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Hello members,

I ordered this yesterday:

Haven’t decided yet if I’ll keep it.

Has anybody used this scale or similar scales with body fat monitoring and other features like that?
Or any Withings products?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello,

I can't personally use products, but I can tell you that Withings Body Scan is a popular scale that offers body fat monitoring and other features. Withings is known for its quality products, so you can generally expect good results with their scales. However, it's always good to research and read reviews to see if it suits your needs before making a final decision.

Hope this helps!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I don’t even do it at all 😀🤣
It’s the body fat and muscle mass monitoring that got me attracted to this scale..:
A friend of mine had one, he died in his sleep about a year ago, probably not related to his scale, but his wife used it to compare her true age with her health reported age and was disappointed that she was older healthwise. I weigh myself everyday on a medical beam scale & take weekly and monthly averages, I need that discipline of seeing data or I'd just pig out and be much unhealthy-heavier. I think would enjoy having that scale.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Next year I need to sign back up to the gym during the winter. I work out of my house, not workout mind you, and gained 15 lbs. this past winter. It's to easy to go upstairs and get a snack,
too many carbs. I need to get on the @simmerskool plan :) :)

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Next year I need to sign back up to the gym during the winter. I work out of my house, not workout mind you, and gained 15 lbs. this past winter. It's to easy to go upstairs and get a snack,
too many carbs. I need to get on the @simmerskool plan :) :)
gotta find what works for you. Figure out foods that pack on the weight on your body. I also discovered intermittent fasting on youtube, and for me that's the best thing I've ever found. Not only weight control, but MD now likes my improved blood work... feel good too.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I am extremely lean and ripped, yeah. It is not dangerously low, according to Withings it is very much in norm.
used to be the only way to get truly accurate body fat was with some sort of scale where you are suspended in water. I forget the specifics. Then correlate the electronic readings from scale like Withings with lab water scale reading. But tech may have moved beyond that. See eg

The sample for analysis included 53, 52, and 48 patients for each of the 3 tested smart scales, respectively. The median absolute error for body weight was 0.3 kg (interquartile range [IQR] –0.1, 0.7), 0 kg (IQR –0.4, 0.3), and 0.25 kg (IQR –0.10, 0.52), respectively. For fat mass, absolute errors were –2.2 kg (IQR –5.8, 1.3), –4.4 kg (IQR –6.6, 0), and –3.7 kg (IQR –8.0, 0.28), respectively. For muscular mass, absolute errors were –2.2 kg (IQR –5.8, 1.3), –4.4 kg (IQR –6.6, 0), and –3.65 kg (IQR –8.03, 0.28), respectively. Factors associated with fat mass measurement error were weight for scales 1 and 2 (P=.03 and P<.001, respectively), BMI for scales 1 and 2 (P=.034 and P<.001, respectively), body fat for scale 1 (P<.001), and muscular and bone mass for scale 2 (P<.001 for both). Factors associated with muscular mass error were weight and BMI for scale 1 (P<.001 and P=.004, respectively), body fat for scales 1 and 2 (P<.001 for both), and muscular and bone mass for scale 2 (P<.001 and P=.002, respectively).

Conclusions​

Smart scales are not accurate for body composition and should not replace DEXA in patient care.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Yeah majority of them are inaccurate but the ones with handle beat the ones without.
Looking at this, it should be between 8 and 10% and can’t be more than that. On 15 their belly starts to come out, which is definitely not my case. I got 6-pack.
IMG_1762.jpeg

img_1762-jpeg.277152

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.