Advice Request Anyone else having problems since the last update?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
It's been so long since I fiddled with system services that it didn't occur to me in my flustered state but after a quick web search it was a no brainer, turn off microsoft edge update in system services. Now I'll wait for the boss to come up with a fix.

Thanks all :emoji_beer:

PS. Don't turn off Edge update service, just switch it to manual, I now have 2 Edge update services, the new one was set to manual by default, I guess "you can't fight city hall" applies here also :D

Last edit: Turning off Edge doesn't work either, windows turns it back on the next time you start your computer.

Last edited:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I found a temporary fix for the scrolling issue sort of, in the edge drop down menu and at the end of the Zoom column turn on fullscreen then move your pointer to the top of the screen and the browser header will drop down :coffee:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.