Advice Request Anyone having problems with the latest version of Emsisoft?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
In win7, 32bit environment, UI became unresponsive. I did not know the solution and reported it to the support forum, but after several hours I was informed of the answer that it is a 'known problem' and how to deal with it. Their support is quick.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I've been having trouble since last week with not getting a network connection either via cable or wifi, the only way to bring it back is by rebooting the pc. It seems to be causing a conflict with Microsoft Teredo Tunnelling adapter (or vice versa)
Tried lots of stuff but only yesterday, i realised it was to do with EAM update. Contacted support who said a very small number of people have the same issue as me (Windows 7 - 64 bit) and for the moment i have been advised to disable surf protection which has helped, i am waiting on further instructions. I'm glad i contacted support because i was ready to call my ISP who would have charged me £135 if no problem was found with their equipment o_O

Chrome is still crashing. Can someone scroll through the Pixel 3 website for me?
https://store.google.com/us/product/pixel_3

For me it will eventually freeze Chrome altogether. I restart and Chrome says I need to disable EAM.

I managed to get through to that @DeepWeb but it's probably because i have surf protection module disabled. Over on the Emsisoft forum there are topics with issues similar to yours and i'm sure it's to do with the surf protection module, i think it was suggested (not 100% sure) to disable that and use ublock or similar in the meantime.

Perhaps you could look through Emsisoft Support and see if it helps :)

EDITED : Turning off the surf protection was only to test something. Stupid me didn't understand the instructions properly so please DON'T leave that disabled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.