Anyone know any good and free sandbox program (excluding Sandboxie)

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Personally I think I am paranoid about security, that's not really a bad thing...

Any way does anyone know a good sandbox program excluding Sandboxie, I was going to use Sandboxie but it wanted to install a system-level driver and my system may crash or lock-up, this put me of, I just want a simple, effective and free program - I would mainly use it to sandbox avast! SafeZone Web Browser...

Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: Rishi and Anupam

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I'm using Cybergenic Shades. I'm not sure about your usage but I guess you can give it a try. :)

Reactions: Rishi
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
I'm using Cybergenic Shades. I'm not sure about your usage but I guess you can give it a try. :)
Thanks for your help anyway but it needs 1GB of RAM, my whole computer is only 4GB RAM

Comodo Firewall ? :rolleyes:
Thanks for your help but I already have avast! Internet Security (which comes with FW)

Last edited by a moderator:

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Every high-quality sandboxing application will install a driver, how should they filter disk and network access otherwise? Those who do not will just drop the rights of applications which isn't enough for most malware. Since you are using Avast! you already should have a sandbox as far as I can remember. Sandboxing the safezone browser is also useless and would decrease the security of it.

Reactions: Online_Sword
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Every high-quality sandboxing application will install a driver, how should they filter disk and network access otherwise? Those who do not will just drop the rights of applications which isn't enough for most malware. Since you are using Avast! you already should have a sandbox as far as I can remember. Sandboxing the safezone browser is also useless and would decrease the security of it.
Why would sandboxing SafeZone be useless?

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
According to your setup you already have a sandbox with Avast, so why do you need another one? I don't get what you are trying to do actually, in fact I think safezone would already be in a sandbox itself and doesn't need to be sandboxed another time as that may hinder the security instead of helping.

Do correct me if I am wrong

Reactions: Rishi and Enju

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
You could replace Avast Internet Security with the "Free Antivirus" version and combine it with COMODO Firewall.
I'm inclined to believe that the Network Firewall, HIPS and Auto-Sandbox modules of CFW are superior to their counterparts from other security software vendors.
(Sandboxie is just as powerful as the COMODO Sandbox, but with more features - of course it's out of the question since you have already ruled it out as a choice)

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Research these further:

• Comodo Cloud Antivirus
  • Cybergenics Shade
  • Comodo Firewall

Re-HIPS uses Windows built-in sandboxing and not virtualization like Sandboxie
Bufferzone Pro free has not been updated in over a year; there is no further development nor support for it any longer
Others... I don't know

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Anti-Malware Reviewer: So far the recommendation provided for you are the only available and fully exist +active on the development of virtualization.

Shade Sandbox is much simpler and slimmer type of Sandboxie meanwhile Autosandbox like from Comodo needs a little tweak to get your user preferences.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I am using 360 total security which has sandbox in it.

upload_2015-12-8_9-55-21.png

and I always run my browser in Sandbox.

upload_2015-12-8_9-56-44.png

Reactions: Rishi and frogboy

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I'm curious.

Personally I think I am paranoid about security, that's not really a bad thing...

Any way does anyone know a good sandbox program excluding Sandboxie, I was going to use Sandboxie but it wanted to install a system-level driver and my system may crash or lock-up, this put me of, I just want a simple, effective and free program - I would mainly use it to sandbox avast! SafeZone Web Browser...

Thank you in advance :)
Considering what Enju said on post #6 and #11. Do you still want a sandbox?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.