Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am a user of a third-party uninstaller, currently using the latest beta version (4) of IObit Uninstaller.
- IObit Uninstaller 2 was natively portable.
- IObit Uninstaller 3+ are not portable and install silently into the Program Files, integrates into Control Panel, and File Explorer context menus as well an additional process run by the background service (LiveUpdate.exe).
(You can disable the service, and block Inbound/Outbound connections with Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, if you do not wish this to occur).

Despite this, I have found IObit Uninstaller to be very effective in removal of left-over files/registry items compared to other software. It's completely free, uninstalls 64-bit programs and in the latest Beta version it removes left over files from Windows 8 Store Apps.

There is no adware or toolbars bundled with IObit Uninstaller.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've been using Iobit Uninstaller and find it very good, however I have used Revo Uninstaller in the past and found both to be equally as good.

Reactions: Kent

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Personally I don't use any. Just the Windows Default un-installer.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I use a Revo uninstaller for a couple of months. Before I removed the programs with a standard Windows utility. Just couple day ago I got a key for Total Uinstall Pro for 4 computers (small office license). I got it almost for free. I found a bad translation for a Russian page on Uninstall Pro site. It was Google made and funny. So, I contacted Gavrila Martau and had a deal. He gave me a license for my translation. It took me about 1 hour to correct the translation. Also I want to try Ashampoo Uninstaller. Actually, you don't need even to buy it, some tricks in registry and it full activated.

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I've used Geek Uninstaller in the past, I liked it, but now the Free version is really stripped down and doesn't even compare to IOBit Uninstaller. I don't get why it gets so much love...

The Pro features in Geek Uninstaller such as:

tick.png
Real-time installation monitor
tick.png
Batch Removal
tick.png
Start-up programs management
tick.png
Thorough and complete removal
tick.png
Modern interface, technical support

are all available in the Free version of IOBit Uninstaller......

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can also use Everything by VoidTool to search keywords to locate files and folders.
http://www.voidtools.com/

Use with caution In the Windows Registry Editor , press F3 to use the Find function. Makes sure you're able to restore your PC, if you accidentally damage the registry. I'm sure there was a tool I used before, but cannot remember what it was.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
You can also use Everything by VoidTool to search keywords to locate files and folders.
http://www.voidtools.com/

Use with caution In the Windows Registry Editor , press F3 to use the Find function. Makes sure you're able to restore your PC, if you accidentally damage the registry. I'm sure there was a tool I used before, but cannot remember what it was.
Well I have tool from a long time, but i didnt know it would be useful in this way. I want to make sure of certain things.
I had Absolute uninstaller, i recently uninstalled it, so if i want to find the left over can i just type as "Absolute uninstaller" ?
MZxGWAf.png

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Well I have tool from a long time, but i didnt know it would be useful in this way. I want to make sure of certain things.
I had Absolute uninstaller, i recently uninstalled it, so if i want to find the left over can i just type as "Absolute uninstaller" ?
MZxGWAf.png
Yes

If it was me, I'd leave removing registry entries using an automated registry cleaner than by removing them manually because the processes in this heavily tested programs are less likely to succumb to random human error than ... a user doing manual edits using RegEdit.

Automated programs manage registry entries all the time. That happens for install, uninstall, save settings, store preferences, etc. This is possible because there are standardized methods documented and made available by Microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kent and Purshu_Pro
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.