Anyone use uninstallers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ا

الشمس

they all fail to detect everything left over as my manual browsing for left over traces shows

true that. even the smartest of premium uninstallers have left behind traces from previous installations.

Can we use ccleaner instead?
sure you can. in my knowledge c cleaner has never caused any damage to system files.

with privazer you better know what you are cleaning / doing.

bottom line : c cleaner is for the noobs while privazer is for the geeks.

I'm sure there was a tool I used before, but cannot remember what it was.
is this the 1 : https://www.malwarebytes.org/regassassin/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kent

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I kinda don't bother using Uninstallers... I go to add/remove programs, and then run Auslogics registry cleaner to remove empty keys.

I do have Advanced Uninstaller Pro which seems really good and its freeware.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Personally I don't use any. Just the Windows Default un-installer.
It's unfortunate that IObit Uninstaller has taken the bloated route. However, you may like GeekUninstaller, as recommended by other members. I have tried and used it a few times, and does the job. (Note: The Pro version is different software, unrelated to the free)

Reactions: McLovin

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It's unfortunate that IObit Uninstaller has taken the bloated route. However, you may like GeekUninstaller, as recommended by other members. I have tried and used it a few times, and does the job. (Note: The Pro version is different software, unrelated to the free)

Thanks for that! I have used Revo and found that is okay, but now a days I tend to not uninstall software often. Only thing I install mostly is games I buy on Steam.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I still use IObit over Revo.Personally found that IObit finds more leftover files than Revo.I will have to check out Geek Uninstaller myself,I have seen it mentioned many times.

Reactions: Kent and yigido

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've used Revo Uninstaller before and there's none of the issue I can find off, however seems very confident of using built in from Windows/CCleaner for performing such operations.

Reactions: Kent

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I use IOBIT uninstaller for the difficult programs and CCleanner uninstaller.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.