Troubleshoot Anyone used NT Password?

fifagenis

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 7, 2017
My bad forgot his login password of Windows 10 computer at home. I did a bit research in Google and found out there are a lot of people recommending Offline NT Password and Registry Editor.

I followed the steps and made a bootable disk. I managed to reset the password via command line but when I reboot the computer, it still asks me for password. What is the problem in here? Any free alternative better than it for beginners? thanks

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Thanks, this one was a little more difficult, but this should do, for now.

Code:
takeown /f "%WINDIR%\System32\utilman.exe" /a
icacls "%WINDIR%\System32\utilman.exe" /remove "Administrators" "Authenticated Users" "Users" "System"
takeown /f "%WINDIR%\SysWOW64\utilman.exe" /a
icacls "%WINDIR%\SysWOW64\utilman.exe" /remove "Administrators" "Authenticated Users" "Users" "System"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Windows Password Protection be like;
0gwNd7s.gif

Reactions: TairikuOkami
Upvote 0

sharonwills

Jun 4, 2019
All i know about NT password,which is best tool for reseting Windows password.I tested it on another computer last years,and it worked for me,now,i don't know if it has changed.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.