Advice Request Anyone using "New Tab Start Page" addon?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Wrong link it seems.
z.PNG

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I deleted that, and now use Blank New Tab Page from the link below:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Yep, I like a blank new tab page, so I used Bruce Blank New Tab on Chrome (because it also works in-cognito-mode) and since I switched to Edge chromium Blank Tab (Edge has an option to auto delete all history on close).

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Yep, I like a blank new tab page, so I used Bruce Blank New Tab on Chrome (because it also works in-cognito-mode) and since I switched to Edge chromium Blank Tab (Edge has an option to auto delete all history on close).
I didn't understand. You mean after you switched to the Edge, now you use " Blank New Tab Page"?

Reactions: Nevi and Cortex

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
For Google Chrome I use
Empty New Tab Page - Chrome Web Store
I'm not using Chrome at the moment, but for me I don't really need it in Chrome because Chrome's homepage is fast. MS Edge's home page is problematic, slow and resource hungry.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Resource hungry? Yes. I like the daily images and weather and I don't find it slow at all, but I can't compare it to chrome as I can't even remember when I last used it. But Edge does have too much feature bloat, even if some of it may be disabled.
I use Home button all the time in all browsers and when I click the home button sometime Edge's CPU usage jump to 10-15% often. Often, the home page also renders with a delay when I click the home button.
Then there's also this on the bottom left of the home page every time when I click any site from my address bar bookmarks. It sometimes adds a delay in page loading.
e.png
Chrome can also be set up to load new images automatically on the home page, but it doesn't use many resources or add any delay in rendering the homepage.
Actually I also like those new images on Edge, so I put up with these issues.
One more thing, Chrome still beats Edge in startup time. Not by much, but it's very noticeable. I expected Edge to catch up with Chrome by now on this, since Edge is finely optimized for Windows, but it hasn't happened yet. The home page related issues that I mentioned could be one of the reason why Edge starts slower than Chrome. Edge starts up faster than Firefox though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.