Advice Request Anything similar to Kaspersky Application Control?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

miguelang611

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 13, 2020
Hey there!!

I am currently trying BitDefender Total Security. I come from using Kaspersky Total Security (and in the last 2 months KSC Free + Comodo Firewall as my KTS license expired).

I just installed BD Total Security and I find no way to manually block apps from running. Isn't there any way of doing this BD? Just an option to manually allow programs but not to block them?? Or is it just a Kaspersky thing? (I found more or less my way to do this via Comodo, but it is not nowhere convenient as Kaspersky to be honest, plus it adds resource consumption having 2 security suites running)

Thank you very much!!

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
I believe BitDefender Enterprise edition has the function you want. Configurable HIPS is considered as an advanced feature by many vendors, so they won't include it in Home edition AVs to keep their products easy to use.

Maybe you can try ESET, Huorong, WV, and Comodo.

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

Hey there!!

I am currently trying BitDefender Total Security. I come from using Kaspersky Total Security (and in the last 2 months KSC Free + Comodo Firewall as my KTS license expired).

I just installed BD Total Security and I find no way to manually block apps from running. Isn't there any way of doing this BD? Just an option to manually allow programs but not to block them?? Or is it just a Kaspersky thing? (I found more or less my way to do this via Comodo, but it is not nowhere convenient as Kaspersky to be honest, plus it adds resource consumption having 2 security suites running)

Thank you very much!!
Application Control is based largely upon KSN Cloud file reputation. You need to get either Bitdefender Enterprise (expensive, 150+ Euros) or Symantec (still expensive).

Or you can take your security into your own hands by learning Hard_Configurator (carefully read the help files) and using it to harden your system - which by the way - hardens the system far better than Kaspersky, Bitdefender or Symantec does.

If you just gotta have file repuation, then Emsisoft Business provides what you want, and you have a way to disable LOLBins - the same as with Kaspersky Application Control. But Emsisoft is not going to block scripts like Application Control does. So again, you are better off with Hard_Configurator.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.