Advice Request AOEMI Backup executable Double extension

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Dear Gents

just i noticed that AOMEI Backup executable i downloaded from official website has double extension. is this normal ?? . if anyone has any official link for hash values to be able to check the hash to verify the installer. i sent to support and waiting for their reply
i downloaded it from here : https://www.ubackup.com/ss/download/adb/AOMEIBackupperStd.exe
1668378245979.png

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I think you may have the wrong website, try this one.
It is right website This is the link from their official website :
Try to download any version Pro or standard you will find two extension. i know the first one is not known extension by there is to dots in the name it is misleading

Also the link you provided has installer with double extension but different first one so why there is no unique installer also they seem to have different website domains

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
The reason for these 2 different domains, I'm not going to investigate as I'm not curious enough.
Whois ubackup.com

The hash for the backup software shows no difference.

Aomeitech:
View attachment 270667

Ubackup:
View attachment 270668
Exactly why there is multiple domain and also each executable is different, Also support send me different one :)
http://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/adb/AOMEIBackupperStd.exe
1668410131125.png

Also they should provide hash values for their installer to make sure files have not been modified or changed and check the file integrity.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.