On Sale! AppGuard Solo $39.95

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.appguard.us/solo/
Event start
Mar 18, 2020
How to get a license
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.appguard.us/solo/[/URL]

buy!

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Even with 50% discount people are bonkers to buy AppGuardSolo when this alternative is available for free: AndyFul/Hard_Configurator
Ha, ha. Fortunately, they do not compete with each other. The H_C is suited/intended only for the home environment and AG is intended for businesses (although it can be used in the home environment too). :)
If one likes the H_C approach, then he/she probably will also like the AppGuard in his/her business firm.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's a good thing it is still a little too expensive, because if it was cheap enough, many unsuspecting people would grab the offer, and seriously mess up their systems...

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
AppGuard is good for enterprise but not required for home use. As said by others, H_C is an excellent alternative to AG. Another free and excellent alternative is Simple Software Restriction Policy. I use SSRP on Windows 7 and H_C on Windows 10. I still have a lifetime license of AG 4 but don't use it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You have here at MalwareTips a detailed guide how to set it up and configure it properly.
It will indeed help a lot, but things do change as time goes on. The guide is probably outdated by a couple years.
For instance, Windows Defender now runs from user space, and Office 365 and other apps now need special configuration in order to run properly. AG is already preconfigured for this, if you have an up-to-date version of it, this is just an example of how things change and evolve. There are new vulnerable processes and new malware techniques. Also, AG has certain features that didn't exist when the guide was written.
There are probably other important changes that took place over the past year or two since I stopped using AG, so I am not an updated source of information on the subject.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I would not trust AOL with my security. Yes it is cheaper than buying Solo but I would rather run a official installer than a rebranded one. Reason is if you get pwned you can be sure of the source and trace back the source of the exploit to the official company installer. With 3rd parties it is always a risk.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1584613733813.png

I see that Tech Fortress is now $48 a year... which is still more than getting it from AppGuard directly.

AOL used to want $9.99 a month -- which was ridiculous.

When AppGuard was owned by Blue Ridge Networks.... Blue Ridge decided that the consumer market was too much trouble.

Customer service may be 'interesting' for a product that can be difficult but is being marketed to regular Joe..

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Customer service
You won't get any.
I mean, you can buy it, you can cancel a renewing subscription, you can even ask for a refund within 30 days (I assume that still applies) but no one is going to troubleshoot your config or hold your hand to cross the street. You can just forget about that.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Does this product do anything much different than Kaspersky's Trusted Application Mode ?
Just to inform you:
Trusted Application Mode (TAM) has been removed in the upcoming Kaspersky 2021, according to @harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.