Apps like HitmanPro.Alert or Thor Foresight for Android 6 Marshmallow?

Gapp

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Quick question here,

I am using Avast Free on my old Xeperia Z and I wanted to ask some protection like HitmanPro.Alert for Android? or Thor Foresight or Premium or security apps that can suffice?

Thanks!

Gapp

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Why makes you think you need all those apps?

I was asking because in my desktop HitmanPro.Alert eprforms well espcially with the browsers and the office apps. Same thing with Heimdal in my laptop. I have used Avast Premium Security but it is not the same as Avast Free in andriod. Plus the Ads are a pain....

I was thinking perhaps I can retain Avast Free and use some app to augment browser or office app protection....or I can find a different security that can suffice for Avast Free for android. thanks!

Reactions: [correlate]

Gapp

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
update your device to latest lineage if possible will be a very big security enhancement
I can't update to Nougat and I might be stuck with Marshmallow...old phone (not rooted too). I heard about Spohos Intercept X and am contemplating to try it out. Thanks!

Reactions: [correlate]

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Believe me, common sense is enough - you don't need any extra bloat to keep your mobile secure, especially if it isn't rooted.
Don't install shady apps, read what permissions apps are asking for and do not transmit sensitive data over public hot spots - stick to those rules and you'll be safe. Believe me, I am talking from years of my own experience.

Gapp

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Thanks for the replies and explanation guys. I just became confident using such apps in my desktop that sometimes I get jittery using browsers unprotected with HMPA or connections unfiltered by Heimdal. I just downloaded DuckDuckGo and am liking it like Brave for android (no ads is true!)

Gapp

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 26, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.