App Review Arcabit Internet Security 2022 (Max Settings)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Arcabit test!
Arcabit is a Polish company, very well known in Poland!
It is beginning to make a reputation for itself worldwide.

The product is easy to use and offers many features.
It also offers an "Application Control" mode which allows to block unknown applications.
Arcabit uses its own engine and that of Bitdefender, however, the editor renames the definitions of Bitdefender.

For this test, we decided to set all Arcabit settings to maximum.

About URLs, nothing to say.
On the pack, Arcabit detects a lot of malware.
Things get complicated when you launch unknown files. Arcabit defends itself with "HEUR.RoundKick" detections but lets a lot of infections through.
As a result, 2 RATs are active and a memory infection is found...
Disappointed.

Watch my review on Odysse !

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 18 files to 560.
Arcabit has defended itself well with HEUR.RoundKick detections but is letting large infections through.
Resistance to script attacks: Average

Result :
Arcabit : 0
NPE : 13
KVRT : 13

Recommand : Average
System Clean : No, system infected

@Asterixpl request

Last edited:

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Thank you for the test Shadowra

I must admit that I am a little disappointed with the results.

The developers need to work more on the program.
I hope that in the future Arcabit product will be much better.

I have a few days on board Avira Free AV instead of Arcabit and I am very satisfied.

This test shows that I probably will stay with Avira longer than until Sunday as I wrote earlier

Once again, thanks for the test and open my mind to the product Arcabit - which I considered a very good.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015

I have a few days on board Avira Free AV instead of Arcabit and I am very satisfied.

This test shows that I probably will stay with Avira longer than until Sunday as I wrote earlier

Once again, thanks for the test and open my mind to the product Arcabit - which I considered a very good.

Which version of Avira are you running? Avira does not seem to get much love around here.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

No worries :)

I also considered Arcabit to be very good.
Even if it has a very good database (and it does, with Bitdefender), it can't counter unknown threats.
And it's a pity because it was at its maximum with Application Control activated...

Which version of Avira are you running? Avira does not seem to get much love around here.

I think he uses Avira Free, which is not too bad, especially considering its Cloud (Heur/APC)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I don't care about security software becoming bloated, as adding extra features, usually has no impact on system performance. I'd much rather use a very light bloated antivirus than one with less features that slows my computer down.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
wow this company is getting a lot better than it was a few years back, extremely good scores might even beat some well known providers (excluding webroot webroot is literally a pebble in your system it doesnt affect or help)

It's true.
Arcabit / MKS-Vir is developing all the time, improving its packages with new solutions.
The difference between Arcabit and MKS-Vir is that Arcabit can be downloaded in ENG. MKS, on the other hand, is only in PL language.
The programs run on two scanning engines (BD and their own).
Detectability is at the level of 99%
In Poland it enjoys a very high recognition. People have confidence in these products.
Very good technical support in case of problems.
MKS-Vir was one of the first AV.
Its origins date back to 1987
I had the opportunity to use it and still have the license.
It has never let me down. Clean system

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.