Are the Emsisoft alerts clear enough for beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I wouldn't recommend Emsisoft to anyone who can't clean cookies on their browser, Kaspersky on default settings would do a better job.
2 different products cant be compared. their protection level and core abilities differ.

Only reason I brought up outpost was because of the actual alerts, not a comparison between Emsisoft and Outpost.

H

hjlbx

I'm using EAM on my notebook and it's behavior blocker alerts even for the most legitimate programs. That's kind of annoying, especially for a basic user. In the future, how can they be sure about those alerts for an unknown file? Maybe it's actually harmless or harmful, but there is no way of telling since it's literally showing alerts for the well known software too.

I even had to allow Steam services for couple of times in order to launch properly. And it asks me to update those rules everytime when Steam updates itself...

Many legitimate\safe software perform actions that will trigger the Behavior Blocker.

If you know it is safe, then you have to create a permanent Allow rule.

That requires user awareness, knowledge and experience of their system and basic use of Emsi. I am talking at a basic level.

If you do not know if it is safe, then just Block it and do some online research.

If Blocking it breaks something safe, you can always delete the Block rule and create an Allow rule.

This is not difficult. Although, I will admit, it can be a real pain if you have a lot of safe, but not widely distributed softs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rishi

N8WARE

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
I read som of members replays and i wana say that I didnt talk about how many alerts EIS do generate but on when the alert shows it must contain enaf details , also i didnt talk about how BB treats programs are safe or not
everyone try to go back years ago when online armor and EAM 8 were so generous with details that any beginner cant find difficulties to understand em

I make a design and NOT LAF ON IT :D please :

msg-39020-0-63491600-1449867907.png

what do you think guys ?;)

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.