Aries91 Configuration (updated July 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
A nice config for sure. Maybe take a look at Macrium Reflect Free for backups and System Images it is free and very reliable. ;)

Thanks for sharing with us here at MT. :)

D

Deleted member 178

None of VS or EIS has HMPA anti-exploit capabilities and features, so HMPA is needed, i suggest you to renew it if you can afford it.
HMPA is an important pillar in my setup.

VS Free isn't needed (especially the free version, you could consider if it was the paid version).
EIS has an AV + BB + Web Filter + FW, so i deem it more important than VS free in your setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

aries91

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2015
thanks so do you think I should renew hmpalert and uninstall voodooshield free version?

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I decided to renew my hitmanpro alert licence and unistall voodooshield free.
why would that have any connection? HMPA is anti-exploit, Voodooshield is anti-exe.. they serve two different porpuses

aries91

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2015
why would that have any connection? HMPA is anti-exploit, Voodooshield is anti-exe.. they serve two different porpuses
I decided to follow Umbra's suggestions.
Anyway emsisoft has a BB that block every suspected or unknown file or program starting to boot ,moreover I have windows uac enabled at full settings.
I think this is enough to stay protected and avoid too much security programs.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I decided to follow Umbra's suggestions.
Anyway emsisoft has a BB that block every suspected or unknown file or program starting to boot ,moreover I have windows uac enabled at full settings.
I think this is enough to stay protected and avoid too much security programs.
yea no i get that part, i was just asking that cause you made it sound like you removed VS cause you installed HMPA back :D

aries91

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2015
After emsisoft internet security was merged with emsisoft antimalware , I Switched to Windows Firewall.
I trust in Emsisoft choice and I decided not install any other firewall (COMODO FIREWALL) ,at least not shortly.
I used comodo in the past and i like it, but maybe too much protection for an intermediate user like me.

D

Deleted member 178

If you like to control outbound connections "a la 3rd party firewalls" , you can use Binisoft Windows Firewall Control; it is a donation-ware, you will have lifetime license for around 10usd , which is quite cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.