Macrium Reflect
System recovery
Macrium Reflect

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
You have already a powerful configuration, Sandboxie definitely a worth to try to use however Comodo Autosandbox bounds sometimes to cause little trouble due to the reference gathered when its trusted or unrecognized hence trial and error tweaks. ;)
I just learning about sandboxie and I love it. Thank you @jamescv7

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Update: 2/12/2015
Real-time Protection:
  1. ESET Smart Security 9 (potentially unwanted applications: ON; potentially unsafe applications: ON; Removable media scanner: OFF)
  2. HitmanPro Alert 3
  3. NVT EXE Radar Pro (lockdown mode) + (block all process exetuted from external devices)
  4. MCShield 3 (1st layer USB infection prevention)
Privacy:
Added F-Secure Freedome VPN

Browser:

Added Cyberfox and remove Firefox (all browser run inside the Sandboxie)

Other Applications:

Added some "exploitable" applications (reason why I add HMPA)

I do this setup to minimize removable media infection, because my machine works with a lot of removable media file transfer. "Shortcut Viruses" is currently popular malware spreading throgh USB here. The bad thing is, ESET eventually can't detect and remove this virus, MCShield does! So, I disabled ESET's USB scanner and put MCShield to do this job.

One thing, I am a happy clicker on the internet :D + (Common Sense Internet Security 2016: ON :D)

May this setup looks overkill? But I dont faced any issues nor system slow down (so far).

Any recommendation is very welcome :)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Real-time Protection:
  1. ESET Smart Security 9 (potentially unwanted applications: ON; potentially unsafe applications: ON; Removable media scanner: OFF)
  2. HitmanPro Alert 3
  3. NVT EXE Radar Pro (lockdown mode) + (block all process exetuted from external devices)
Privacy:

Browser:

Other Applications:

I do this setup to minimize removable media infection, because my machine works with a lot of removable media file transfer. "Shortcut Viruses" is currently popular malware spreading throgh USB here. The bad thing is, ESET eventually can't detect and remove this virus, MCShield does! So, I disabled ESET's USB scanner and put MCShield to do this job.

One thing, I am a happy clicker on the internet :D + (Common Sense Internet Security 2016: ON :D)

May this setup looks overkill? But I dont faced any issues nor system slow down (so far).

Any recommendation is very welcome :)
That is a good update.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello,
Here is my security config.

Real-time Protection:
  2. HitmanPro Alert 3
Privacy:

Browser:

Other Applications:

May this setup looks overkill? But I dont faced any issues nor system slow down.
Very good set-up, everything is covered! Depending that you have the free version of HitmanPro Alert you should swap it for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit because HMPA is in BETA and the best features are only available in pro - If you wish to use it enter the Malware Tips give-away for it, you may get a premium license for free.

Reactions: aseu2k15

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Very good set-up, everything is covered! Depending that you have the free version of HitmanPro Alert you should swap it for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit because HMPA is in BETA and the best features are only available in pro - If you wish to use it enter the Malware Tips give-away for it, you may get a premium license for free.
Currently I am using 30 days trial of HMP.A to try it first. I've tried MBAE too (free and trial pro version), I found HMP.A has more features then MBAE (like CryptoGuard, KeystrokeEncrytion etc). After this HMP.A 30 days trial expired, I decided to buy a license of HMP.A or MBAE (still looking the best fit for my system, but after tried HMP.A for a week, I prefer go for HMP.A :D)
Yes, very interesting giveaways, I'll join it soon :D
Thank you for the feedback @Anti-Malware Reviewer ;)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
HitmanPro.Alert is a beast. It sure has more functionality than its Malwarebytes counterpart, but in the end, if you combine either with other good enough layers of security, the end result should be fine, in terms of security. I'm not sure which one of these two application performs better in terms of speed, however. In the end, it's your choice. :p Make sure the application you choose suits you best and you can configure it the way you like. :D

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
in terms of security
I dont know, I just feel more more secure with HMP.A (must be because its additional features) than MBAE :D
which one of these two application performs better in terms of speed
In term of speed, I felt MBAE was lighter than HMP.A
Make sure the application you choose suits you best and you can configure it the way you like.
On going for testing till this 30 days trial expired :D Also watching all of security apps (installed apps) threads to find the best config for my combo :rolleyes:
Thank you @DracusNarcrym ;)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Interesting. So it would seem that performance-wise, HMP.A performs better...
Also, when it comes to exploits, I do believe that more features = extended blocking capabilities, since more features would probably mean that HMP.A can counter a wider range of exploit methods.

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Interesting. So it would seem that performance-wise, HMP.A performs better...
Also, when it comes to exploits, I do believe that more features = extended blocking capabilities, since more features would probably mean that HMP.A can counter a wider range of exploit methods.
Exactly, that's just what I think now :D
I'm watching Malware Hub and Ransomware creators goes wild. CryptoGuard sounds interesting to me. I've seen its demo, CryptoGuard beats Cryptowall and Cryptolocker, I just forgot the link :confused:

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Update: 12/15/2015

Removed:

1. Eset Smart Security 9
  2. Hitmanpro.Alert
  3. NVT exe radar
  4. MCShield
  5. Sandboxie
Added:
  1. Eset NOD32 v.8
  2. Comodo Firewall v.8.2
  3. Zemana Anti-Malware
I suddently get interested with CIS and CFW since I play around Comodo threads. And "met" some comodo users like @DracusNarcrym , having long conversations regarding Comodo products. I didn't say that he was made me converting to a Comodo user.. haha :p Thank you anyway ;)

I like CIS/CFW cz it has advanced settings and features to be tweaked. And I found those features is really useful. FYI, I like a complex and customizable app, like HMP.A and off course CIS/CFW.

On these updates, I removed all of previous Real Time Protection Apps (as mentioned above). Replace with the new combo (Nod32 v.8 + CFW v.8.2). I removed previous main AV (ESS 9, also tried Nod32 v.9) because have fatal issues between CFW who running chrome browser. I got BSOD everytime running Chrome inside the sandbox. Sometimes, I have same issue with Cyberfox.

Adding ZAM cz has ability to scan with multiple cloud engine, and also light on my system.
Removed Sandboxie cz I have built in sandbox on CFW.

I still testing this combo, no issues so far. I might adding another apps to improve my security config. So, your feedback is very welcome :)

Reactions: Online_Sword

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Update!
Removed:

1. Eset Nod32 v8
  2. Comodo Firewall 8.2 (upgraded to Comodo Internet Security 8.2)
  3. Zemana Anti-malware
Added:
  1. Comodo Internet Security 8.2 [custom settings]
  2. Bitdefender Trafficlight
Comodo Internet Security Settings:
#1: Running rating scan (all safe files set to trusted)

1. Configuratios: Proactive Security
  2. Avtivirus: (protection: On Access; heuristics: High)
  3. HIPS: (safe mode; custom rules; protected registry/files/data: customized)
  4. Sandbox (File source tracking and Auto-sandbox: On! default rules + Block Unrecognized Executables {.exe, .dll, .sys, .ocx, .bat, .pif, .scr, .cpl, .com, .cmd, .inf, .lnk, .vbs, .vbe, .vb, .ini, .jar, .bin, .paf} + Browsers Run partially limited)
  5. Viruscope: enabled
  6. Firewall: Custom Ruleset (filter IPv6, filter loopback: enabled), Apps rules: customized
  7. Web Filtering: default + MVPS host blacklist
  8. File Rating: (Cloud lookup: On, Cloud analyze: On)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Hmmm, Bluestacks could cause some slowdowns and there are tons of alternatives to Daemon Tools Lite, I'm using Imdisk Toolkit and WinCDEmu. Also SpeedyFox may come in handy to un-bloat FF sometimes.

Reactions: aseu2k15

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Hmmm, Bluestacks could cause some slowdowns and there are tons of alternatives to Daemon Tools Lite, I'm using Imdisk Toolkit and WinCDEmu. Also SpeedyFox may come in handy to un-bloat FF sometimes.
Bluestacks lastest version come with simpler UI and also lighter than previous version, I don't faced any system slow down ;)

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Just upgraded OS to Windows 10 Build 10586.36 x64 and removed some softs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.