Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 with Windows Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
@FreddyFreeloader
if you like to take a test, you can use this promo for 6 months , thats long enough for trying and testing
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Promo-Ashampoo%C2%AE-Anti-Virus-2014-180-days-Free

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Thanks Malwaresecurity for review.

I will skip an av which use this amount of Ram.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How did you identify 'svchost.exe', a 'Local service' was run by Ashampoo?

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Earth said:
How did you identify 'svchost.exe', a 'Local service' was run by Ashampoo?

haha svchost.exe is windows firewall, not Ashampoo. Since i did a review on ashampoo and windows firewall together, i added them both since it was a combo.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Good review
Been thinking about giving this a run for awhile now....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Exactly, I know svchost.exe belongs to Windows, that why I asked.

Don't forget multiple Windows Services will use the same process, check the PID from Task Manager. I calculated a difference of 1,000K of RAM (Private Working Set) between disabling and enabling the WF service, but usage is not noticeable at all.

Windows Firewall is an integrated part of Windows, any RAM or CPU usage would be considered negligible. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.