Solved Assistance Needed on Push Notifications Registry Key Problem in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moi61

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Hello guys, I need your help right now. I messed up the registry key on push notifications. You can trace it below:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

I was trying to change a registry key in my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on Push notifications and I misunderstood the instructions. I was not able to back up my registry key because I am not a techie guy, my knowledge in computer is only limited. I just want to turn on Notifications in my computer because it is greyed out. There is a message saying "Some settings are managed by your organization".

I attached a screenshot of the registry key. I changed the value on the default key which is highlighted on the screenshot. Please help me what is the right value. Can you show me a screenshot of your registry key please?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,022

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.12.13_11h51m40s_001_.png

Some settings are managed by your organization is a glitch in Windows 10 to get rid of it try the steps below
  1. Launch Start Menu by hitting the Windows Key. Type in gpedit.msc and right-click the app from the search results. Choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
  2. In the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Data Collection and Preview Builds.
  3. Find the Allow Telemetry item and double-click it to edit the policies.
  4. Change the setting to Enabled. Change the drop-down menu entry to 3-Full and click Apply.
  5. Now open the item again and change its Setting to Not configured and hit the Save button.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Another solution (You don't need to apply this if above method worked for you)

Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below

Turn_Off_App_Notifications.bat

Turn_On_App_Notifications.bat

Unblock the .bat file, and run it.

You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.
When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.