Assuming malware 'cuz PC Laptop slowing down again

Ed_M1

Level 1
Verified
It's slowed to the point that it's extremely frustrating to use the internet, and somewhat frustrating to try to quickly do anything.
 

Attachments

Hello,


FRST reports aren't properly generated. Let's run this tool again:


FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.
 
Nothing important, I have complete reports now.


51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

  • Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.
 
I'll have to observe a while. It does seem to be having fewer slow-down moments, but since the behavior was not happening consistently all the time, I can't be sure. Keep this thread open another couple of days and I'll have a better idea.

Can I know what it was that has changed? Did one of the things I ran actually DO something?

Also, I'd like to get help understanding what all is running. I have programs running that I don't know anything about, but am not sure if they are important or not. Would cleaning that up help? Is there anything else I can do to help performance?
 
You have only basic programs needed, so I don't think anything should be removed. Also, I can give you some readings to keep your PC in good shape.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top