Solved Astromenda PUP gone but not forgotten....still no internet

skibumm100

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 23, 2016
Everything is set to obtain automatically. I disabled and then re-enabled the network adapter. No change. I pulled the Cat 5 out of the router and the back of the computer and put my LAN tester on it and I may have a bad cable. When I wiggle it in the tester, it sometimes drops the 3-6 pair. If I can find my crimpers and some CAT5 ends, I'll remake that end of the cable and see what happens.....stand by.

skibumm100

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 23, 2016
FIXED! Even though the computer said it had internet access apparently one pair is enough to make it inop. Sorry for wasting so much of your time. I'm glad I had the stuff to find and fix the iffy cable. It's a miracle that I could locate the the tools. I haven't used them in years. I appreciate your time and effort! I'm connected and my Avast is updating my definitions. Thanks again, TwinHeadedEagle!

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Ha ha!

We tried so many thing and nothing indicated there is an issue with your system, so I am glad it is finally fixed.

It happens all the time that we miss so simple things.

Since there are no more problems, we can declare this PC clean
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Now, we can proceed with post-cleanup procedures. Let's remove my tools and create a new, non infected restore point concurrently deleting old ones.

Step 1. - Creation of system restore point and tools removal.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt). I don't need it for review.
Tool deletes old system restore points and creates a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Step 2. - Tips and tricks to keep your computer clean, safe and in a good shape.

Security tips - highly recommended reading:

Maintenance tips:

Additional software that I personally use and install on all my clients devices:

• Zemana AntiMalware (paid version highly recommended) - to work as a supplement for your antivirus but with excellent remediation and protection
  • Zemana AntiLogger - keep everything you type on keyboard out of sight of bad guys trying to steal your credantials
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
  • McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
  • Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
  • CryptoPrevent - tool for protection against Cryptolocker and similar ransomware infections.
  • Adblock - to surf the web without annoying ads!
  • Qualys BrowserCheck - cloud service that scans your browsers and plugins to see if they’re all up-to-date.

My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to show your appreciaton, please consider a donation:
Thank you!​

Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle :)

Reactions: DardiM

skibumm100

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 23, 2016
Done. I will need to make a new clone of the hard drive, also. Might come in handy since I had some problems on start-up. I'll make a new one with Acronis. I will also be looking at a firewall device since we have so many devices hooked up in the house.

Thanks for your help!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.