Auslogics - Features removed from Free versions

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 77591
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 77591

Thread author
Seems they have taken away features on their free products.Any thoughts?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Yes they have taken away features with the new versions which were recently released. At the moment, it would be better to stick with the old versions of their products. For example, you can still get v7 of their Registry Cleaner from FileHippo.

While they claim that the new version of their registry cleaner will find more errors than the previous version does, at the moment I think you'll find very little difference.

While some of their free software is quite good, I would advise against buying any of their software. They use a fake review site - sofwaretested.com to promote their Auslogics/Tweakbit/Outbyte products. Outbyte is their newest brand. Software Tested is presented as a legitimate reviews site, but is owned by Auslogics and only recommends their own products. While I couldn't find any current links to to the Software Tested website on the Auslogics, Tweakbit or Outbyte websites right now, in the past they have linked to reviews there.

With recent releases of their driver update software, the trial versions scan for outdated drivers, but will not show what drivers or even how many are outdated, unless you purchase the software. I can think of one of driver update tool which does this, but all others actually show you what driver updates they have found. Their driver update software has a very large database, so usually will find driver updates. But its driver matching is not very accurate. For example, on my HP ProBook, it finds a Fujitsu keyboard driver update.

F

ForgottenSeer 77591

Thread author
Free defrag has taken away defrag and optimize for example.Seems like their getting desperate.I use built in windows but wanted to check out the new version and was surprised by the changes.Being labeled as pups must be hurting them.

Special

Level 1
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
That's not good about their defrag, I use that, do you know exactly what version where the feature disappeared from? I currently use v8.0.24.0 of their free defrag and it still has it. Anything else affecting the defragger?

AlexCa

From Windows Repair Toolbox
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Free defrag has taken away defrag and optimize for example.Seems like their getting desperate.I use built in windows but wanted to check out the new version and was surprised by the changes.Being labeled as pups must be hurting them.

The portable version of Disk Defrag still has the "Defrag & Optimize" functionality available. But it still hasn't been updated to this latest version (it's still version 8.0.24.0). The portable version can still be downloaded here: http://static.auslogics.com/en/disk-defrag/ausdiskdefragportable.exe

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 77591

Thread author
Ok I think I get it now.Majorgeeks shows a Pro version with a 14 Day trial.Looks like Auslogics is trying a new strategy to entice users.Version 4.11.0.1 Pro

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
For defrag, several argue that the built-in programs for Win 8.1 and 10 are good enough because they have both defragmenting and optimization. If the one for Win 7 has only defragmenting or does not run as scheduled (e.g., because some software makes the system think that it is not idle), then free, third-party programs can probably help, like MyDefrag.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
For defrag, several argue that the built-in programs for Win 8.1 and 10 are good enough because they have both defragmenting and optimization. If the one for Windows 7 has only defragmenting or does not run as scheduled (e.g., because some software makes the system think that it is not idle), then free, third-party programs can probably help, like MyDefrag.
Mydefrag is realy the best defrag. (y)

Reactions: roger_m

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For defrag, several argue that the built-in programs for Win 8.1 and 10 are good enough because they have both defragmenting and optimization. If the one for Windows 7 has only defragmenting or does not run as scheduled (e.g., because some software makes the system think that it is not idle), then free, third-party programs can probably help, like MyDefrag.
Time to upgrade the OS drive to an SSD; better hardware and a modern OS.

Most freeware/shareware optimisation tools are pointless.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.