AV-Comparatives AV-C Survey 2021

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi,

like every year, I am posting this link to our AV-C survey in this subforum as it is the most read subforum by people interested in security software and the like:
---

It’s that time of the year when we do our annual Security Survey. If you could spare a few minutes of your time to complete it, we would be grateful. You can find the survey here: Security Survey 2021

Thank you for your help! The results of the survey will be published likely end of February on www.av-comparatives.org

Happy Holiday season to all of you and stay safe!

Thanks!
:thumb:

(I will come back here in February and notify you when the survey results are ready - usually some of you are faster in posting it here than me
:)
)
Wilders thread:
Survey:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Done, the assumption at the end assumes you use social media? Am I the only one who distain sharing my life with those I don't know :)
That's a first this year, I also mentioned that in the original thread on Wilders:
Done, like every year.
Don't like the fact that you need a social media profile for a chance to win something.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I don't really care if they recognize my real personality in connection with AV products that are interesting to me, after all, this is not a political poll or something like that and I also always have VPN enabled :)
That's not really the point I have, it's the all consuming belief that we all & now including security products & sites that social media is now used by everyone - IMHO using SM is one of the things we can do too deliberately induce tracking & build a (better) profile, of course it's personal choice but from memory some on here have made the choice not to use social media or limited - Just surprising the sites you would expect to advise lessening SM now seem to encourage it's use? I do understand SM attempts to track you anyway? Holding the tide back is easier?

Edit: I appear to have gone off topic, sorry!

Last edited:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I think that in our time, not having an account in any of the social networks is about the same as refusing to use a mobile phone. No one forces you to specify sensitive data there, upload a real photo, or anything else. You can also always isolate a social network in a container (this is very easy in Firefox). Although I agree that everything is aggravated by the need to specify your phone number in any of them, which greatly harms anonymity if there is a goal to maintain it at a certain maximum level. )
Well I don't use social media, see absolutely no reason why I should.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Well I don't use social media, see absolutely no reason why I should.
Like you, I don't use social media and see no reason why I should. But I know that, for many people, using social media is useful, essential or simply enjoyable.
For instance, I had a daughter who worked in many countries. For her, using social media was a vital link with her friends, a lot easier than sending mails and text messages... Many grannies use Facebook to keep contact with their grandchildren and so on...

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The results are in:
The security survey:
Full PDF:

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
According to this survey, Bitdefender is the most installed security product on mobiles? Or I got it wrong?
The list below shows the 10 most popular mobile security manufacturers used by survey participants, according to continent. There were not enough responses from some regions to produce significant results. Therefore, Australia/Oceania and Africa are not shown.
Only on the mobiles of the people who took this survey.
So, you can't know based on this survey if it's the most installed security product.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
However, one must note that the majority of participants in no way shape or form represents the "average joe" consumer, most of which could care less about their AV. So there should be no correlation to this survey as to which AV is used most in the real world.
I agree. We can assume that most participants are security enthusiasts and professionals that follow AV-C security tests. It can be also seen in browsers market share where Firefox has much higher share than usually.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.