AV-Comparatives.org, bullying, censorship and financial deals with Anti Virus vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I don't have a problem with tests being funded as long as it's reasonable.

AV-C's fees seem far from reasonable in my opinion. They make me question their non-profit status.

The biggest problem with claiming to be independent is that it is only you saying you're independent. Without some sort of external auditing process in place, the term 'independent' is merely a marketing tool. You may as well start saying you're a 'green' testing facility. It carries absolutely no weight.

AMTSO has been working towards a standardized testing procedure.

AV-C used to be all for this, as this quote shows.
AMTSO Members Respond
AV-Comparitives said:
We believe the documents recently adopted by AMTSO, the "Fundamental Principles of Testing" and "Best Practices for Dynamic Testing," represent a significant step toward providing more meaningful tests and therefore better information for computer users and professionals. As a security software testing organization, we are willing to work within these AMTSO standards and will continue our work with AMTSO to help strength the security industry.
? Andreas Clementi, AV-Comparatives

But if you check the current Members list, AV-C is no longer a member. They sounded all for it, so why are they no longer members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.