• avc.jpg
    avc.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 2,139

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Forticlient and Bitdefender have same % rate in this test. Avast pretty good, too!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Impressive results from Emsisoft, F-secure, Gdata, Kaspersky, and others got perfect score which are a rare case, since those samples isn't easy to be detected immediately and took longer or undetected from its time frame.

Even tough they have the source of samples where to be located.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Impressive results from Emsisoft, F-secure, Gdata, Kaspersky, and others got perfect score which are a rare case, since those samples isn't easy to be detected immediately and took longer or undetected from its time frame.
Indeed, you really have to wonder what malware samples is AVC using..... :shy:

Emsisoft at the top, once they'll manage to integrate the Online Armor firewall into their Anti-Malware, this could be one of the best suites on the market.... Wonder how long it's going to take.

Avast also got an 100% rate, it seems that some user interaction is required, but on the good site, the Avast pop-ups are usually very easy to understand. Avast Free was tested , so you really get a great product for 0 $.

Z

ZeroDay

Well done to the usual suspects and a very nice result for Avast.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I tend not to trust such sites but maybe you can have an idea what's goin' on by checking their reports.

D

Deleted member 178

Jack said:
Emsisoft at the top, once they'll manage to integrate the Online Armor firewall into their Anti-Malware, this could be one of the best suites on the market.... Wonder how long it's going to take.

they just building a new FW module from scratch for the full one suite, so maybe next year.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
can someone verify this for me i came acroos a forum about bullguard internet security and someone on e that forum saod that bullguard uses bitdefender engire and outport firewall is this true or not thanks

D

Deleted member 178

rebel4life said:
can someone verify this for me i came acroos a forum about bullguard internet security and someone on e that forum saod that bullguard uses bitdefender engire and outport firewall is this true or not thanks

yep , true.

"Commtouch(HTTP/HTTPS), Commtouch-Enterprise(SpamFilter), Agnitum (Firewall), Engine 1 Sigs (Bit Defender), Vuln-Scan (Secunia)."

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
5 other products using BitDefender AV engine gets a better score then BitDefender does. That's crazy and I bet that these other products don't have all the issues as reported by BitDefender users.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The link from now at the moment isn't available until it goes back for the revision of charts.

Final/full results are not available yet - charts were still incomplete and not intended for public yet. Please come back in some days.

Source

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Littlebits said:
5 other products using BitDefender AV engine gets a better score then BitDefender does. That's crazy and I bet that these other products don't have all the issues as reported by BitDefender users.

Bcz They use Bitdefender Av engine and thrir own.. eg. Emsisoft, GData..!

Personally they no longer live if BD engine is no longer available to them..And they going down to last position and make frienship with AHN LAB.!

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
MrExplorer said:
ESET is going awesome.

I think ESET do much better job, and beat BD; how ever the 100% block av's use Dual-Engine, expect Kaspersky...!

D

Deleted member 178

Akash209 said:

Personally they no longer live if BD engine is no longer available to them..And they going down to last position and make frienship with AHN LAB.!

i dont think so, Emsisoft used to use Ikarus before, that was more powerful than BD but with more FPs.

Gdata used Avast , and recently shifted from it.

If BD dies, they will just use another engine (Avira, Kaspersky, etc...)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Money itself isn't an issue for anyone of security companies to license an engine from others as long they are agree to each other from shares and its related information.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Akash209 said:

i dont think so, Emsisoft used to use Ikarus before, that was more powerful than BD but with more FPs.

Gdata used Avast , and recently shifted from it.

If BD dies, they will just use another engine (Avira, Kaspersky, etc...)

As far as I know Bullguard only uses BitDefender AV engine and gets much better user reviews and doesn't appear to have all those annoying bugs that BitDefender has. I never have personally used Bullguard
because I don't know for sure, I'm just going by what I have read.

@Umbra, what AV engine did G data replace Avast with?
I have used G data several times in the past just to test it and I had to disable the BitDefender engine because it was so heavy. I figured they would get rid of BitDefender for another engine and keep Avast because it was so light.

Emsisoft doesn't appear to have the same issues with their BitDefender engine. What other AV engines do Qihoo 360 and eScan use?

I'm sure BitDefender is probably making more money leasing their AV engine to others then what the make off of their product sales. The same also probably applies to VirusBuster which used to be the most popular AV engine to lease.

The best AV engines include BitDefender, Kaspersky, Fortinet and Avast according to this comparative. (if you believe it)

I'm really surprised to see almost all of the products did very well except for Kingsoft (which has been acquired by another company) and AhnLab (which has never did very well on AV tests).

MY ISP just recently signed a deal with Fortinet to give its users free internet security. I haven't tried the setup because I'm happy with my current setup. I'm not sure how it is going to work but I believe they will use Fortinet's web filters to block malicious websites.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Escan are using Bitdefender Engine from their older version before but not sure on its current if still does.

Qihoo 360 = I'm not sure but they are using Cloud Service for that.

Z

ZeroDay

I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that Qihoo 360 uses Avira engine and Bitdefender engine. Theres a thread at wilders http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=301338

Edit: This user says that it uses BD, Avira and 3 other engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.