AV-Comparatives: Real-World Protection Test March – June 2015

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I have not ever tried Panda Free. What is the characteristic feature of Panda Free that makes it so strong?

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
panda.gif

Panda improve a lot :)

Janl92l

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I have not ever tried Panda Free. What is the characteristic feature of Panda Free that makes it so strong?
Im pretty sure its the Cloud detection. normal heuristic isnt that good in panda. So internet connection is a must if someone use panda

Reactions: FireShootSK
D

Deleted member 2913

The tested one is Panda Cloud Free or Panda Paid software?
FPs rate are high in this test for some products.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Why are Baidu and Tencent on there but Qihoo isn't? Because they didn't beat the Kaspersky-Bitdefender-Avira trifecta...

cf. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2919...-stripped-of-rankings-in-antivirus-tests.html

The three antimalware firms said they found "some unexpected flags within [Baidu and Tencent] products, marked with the names of several test labs and implying some difference in product behavior depending on the environment they were run in."

However, only Tencent has been found to be gaming the antimalware tests, according to the antimalware firms.

Last edited:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
If you actually read the article or even the quote box, all three of them were accused of cheating with Tencent the only one having been caught.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Same names as always, and for Panda well isn't surprise at all because long time before their performance is a 'so-so' like a literal 'Panda' chewing a bamboo in such idle time. :D

Its still so inconsistent where Windows OS baseline protection is so high then differ from other test organizations + encouraging to change AV which 90% could be sufficient on all around matters.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I can't say my quick test of Panda 2016 beta yielded anywhere near that kind of result (was the worst I've tested so far--OK BD free I think was worse--detecting far less than Qihoo, Avast, Comodo, Emsi). 2015 doesn't run on Win10.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.