Av Gurus - Security Config

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Windows Defender with PUA/PUP, Sandboxie, Shadow Defender, PeerBlock, Windows 10 Firewall Control
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AM, HitmanPro, EEK
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome (TrafficLight, HTTPS Everywhere)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Secure Folders, Keyscrambler

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
My opinion is that you add Malwarebytes Anti- Malware as an ODS. And Anti-Exploit for protection.

MBAM don't want because it add new service, wait for update and wait for scan to finish.
I have Zemana AM and HitmanPro sufficient to scan the PC from time to time, just to check for if everything is OK and they are fast & light.
I prefer portable applications ;).
Anti-exploit is not need because my browser is in Sandboxie and Shadow Defender is set on boot.

Reactions: Logethica

Andi.HR

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Smart setup Av Gurus ;)

Q: Why do you need Sandboxie and Shadow Defender? Everithing you do until next boot Shadow Defender will revert to previous state including all posible dangers!

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Sometimes I don't run Shadow Defender on boot or doing some updates and then run Chrome in Sandboxie for browsing ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.