AV-TEST AV-Test: Windows 10: February 2020: Home

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
What Atom CPU? Most Atom CPU's take 1 to 2 seconds to launch programs even with SSD and no AV installed. Launching programs in half a second sounds incredible, you probably are the luckiest man on earth having an Atom CPU with I5 processing power.

It's not with other AV's. Kaspersky or avast! are lightning fast. And Atom Z8350 really isn't as weak as people think it is just because it's called Atom. Again, I'd believe HW to be an issue if it would be slow with everything. But it isn't. It's just with WD. Like brutally slow. I have my own EXE for a shutdown timer when i watch TV on it in bed and it takes like 5+ seconds to start that thing. It's insane.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Welcome to the internet.
I think it was the internet that tended to work that way mostly - attacks for being clever/dumb/different etc which has now spilled over into the real world. The differences between the real and online worlds appear to have got very blurred, especially here in the UK. We had a member of parliament assasinated by a right-wing troll and other similar events foiled or failing. The nation is very divided, it was pre-Brexit too but it has become more polarised since then. Some on one side of the divide think that they have been empowered to say what they like to whoever they like, with no respect or consideration for people who think differently. But the bullies are usually still cowards, hiding online or doing it behind peoples' backs in the real world, there is hope yet!

Last edited:

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I used Comodo firewall for many years along with AVAST both free and paid. Comodo is a mess, and AVAST is a thief. I will say that while using them nothing ever got past. I doubt I'll ever use them again because of the trouble......although if Comodo ever gets its act together, I'd be more apt to return to them. They're just incompetent
. AVAST knew what was going on, and participated.
I was in the same club around the mid 2000s, never seemed to get hit by nasties then, wouldn't want that combo back now though.

Reactions: bribon77

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Oh OK, so that suggestion won't help. Hope you find the solution quickly.
Just received a response from AVG support regarding my "unlimited" license. They stated that "unlimited" means 10 devices wow! It was not like that. Anyway, regarding the issue of installation. I was able to install AVG with no issues using the offline installer (it seems to me it is an earlier version and not the latest) yet I need to confirm. Thank you for suggestion btw

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I think it was the internet that tended to work that way mostly - attacks for being clever/dumb/different etc which has now spilled over into the real world. The differences between the real and online worlds appear to have got very blurred, especially here in the UK. We had a member of parliament assasinated by a right-wing troll and other similar events foiled or failing. The nation is very divided, it was pre-Brexit too but it has become more polarised since then. Some on one side of the divide think that they have been empowered to say what they like to whoever they like, with no respect or consideration for people who think differently. But the bullies are usually still cowards, hiding online or doing it behind peoples' backs in the real world, there is hope yet!

There is always hope. Nothing is lost until you give up. But you have to choose which hill you choose to die on. Do we let trolls spread hate and abuse or do we destroy free speech and head down the path of authoritarianism and a 1984 society? Some say we are already there but you have to protect what makes western democracy the best system (best of the worst) in the world. I would rather have the trolls out in public so you can identify them and target the dangerous ones who will commit extremist acts than have them plotting behind closed doors where no eyes can see. Once you give up rights and privacy and freedom of speech you will not get those rights back for a very long time and that is a sad thing to contemplate.

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
1586945387218.png
Number of test samples: 372
- Chart appointments
Blocked (Block,%) - Blocked threats
User depends (solution,%) - action on threat depends on user decision
Danger (skipping%) - lost threats
False positives - false positives
-Note
AV-Comparatives notes that even if some products show a 100% protection level in testing, this does not mean that these antivirus programs will always protect against all threats on the Internet. This simply means that it is able to block 100% of the common malignant samples used in this particular test.

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
I've never had any issues with updates. I just booted my eScan partition and it automatically updated to v7.84164 signatures. Bitdefender themselves, have only released a single signature update since them. However as usual, the download speed was fairly slow.

There were a few update bugs during February with this product which resulted, in the worst case, in not being able to reload the databases after an update. The only way to fix it was to uninstall the product and reinstall keeping the weekly update file in your downloads folder, which would "reset" the databases. It appears to be fixed now, so the next AV-Test should be better. We'll see.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.